What Lights Are In Your Bug Out Bag?

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't have a BOB, get too it!

If you do have a BOB, I am sure that you have lights in it; which ones and why? Do you carry spare batteries and how many of each?

Here is what my BOB has in it:
  • MagLite 3D w/Malkoff Drop-in and Nite-Ize Ultra Long Running Replacement Bulb
  • Ra Clicky / 1 x CR123
  • Mushondyt Mako / 1 x AAA
  • Gerber Infinity Ultra / 1 x AA
I wanted to have lights that used each of the common battery types to increase my chances of getting a battery that I can use if I need it.

I wanted to have lights that offered exceptional runtime, waterproofness and ruggedness.

Illum

Flashaholic
hmm...Havent taken inventory for awhile
IIRC
Fenix E01, pack of 4 lithium AAAs [L92]
lots of runtime for just about everything I could need it for indoors:thumbsup:

Surefire A2-HA-WH, SC3 fully loaded
Versatile, regulated incandescent, all BOB's should have one.

Surefire E2L, Single stage, Jiltube 2xCR123A carrier
lots of runtime for just about everything I could need it for outdoors, though the lack of spill could pose some navigational issues, nothing that can't be remedied by the A2

OSRAM Golden Dragon LED Lantern, enelooped, with a spare case of 4AAs
On low its a perfect camp light, even within emergency space blankets, hardly waterproof though :rolleyes:

I used to have the Zebralite H50 Q5 edition in it but its been an EDC after I found a spare 14500 to stick it in:crazy:

Mdinana

Enlightened
A Fauxton on the zipper

A Photon Proton in the bag, with 2 add'l E2 batteries

A 2-AA lantern (... Coleman?...)

Lots of matches, some cyalume sticks. I have a few lights in the car I can take with me, plus some sort of light on me daily. Don't need quintuplicate in my BOB!

cl0123

Enlightened
Surefire C3 or C2 with 6 extra batteries in the SC carrier, in addition to the 1-cell light that I always have ready. I rotate the lights but usually just leave the M60L in the bag.

Come to think of it, A2 sounds like a good idea though, and so is an U2A, or a K2MS....:laughing:

It is not technically a bug-out bag, but I always have a small Pelican case with an M6 and a C3 packed with additional batteries and extra bulbs as my emergency response light kit. Perhaps it's time to trim down the gears list and combine everything into one handy kit.

With Aloha,

Clarence

scottaw

Enlightened
My BOB is my "car bag" and it's got a 6PL w/ 2 extra batts and a rayovac 1xaa headlamp w/ 2 extra lithiums. But they're both just backups to my edc and the L1 in my console. good to have a loaner.... just trying to justify here...

Turbo Guy

Enlightened
If you don't have a BOB, get too it!

That is a great idea. Contents of my BOB are scattered all around the house and shop and Tornoda sesson is just starting here in GA.

MiniMag LED 2 cell is always with me however I am researching real LED flshlights at present time.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also don't have one, but I do have a little backpack bag I take everywhere further than the local shops. Along with a few other 'emergency' type things (fire steel, pocket knives, mini multi-tool, very basic first aid etc), I keep my P2D with a few spare cells. I also have a mini M@g on my keyring so I carry a few spare alkalines in the bag too. These things live in my bag, but everytime I go out I stick at least a couple of my other current favourite lights in too.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Goatee, et all
You should add a headlamp. They can be invaluable in many situations.

When the Zebralight H501 comes in I will retire the H50 to the BOB. Right now I have a Petzel E+ light with extra CR coin cells in a contact lens case, and a Peak Pacific AA with an extra Li AA in a Peak battery case, which is sort a bare minimum solution.

The RA lights like many programmable lights has an off current drain, and while small it is still there. If you untwist the head of an older HDS EDC light it will not drain any current. Something to consider for the programmable lights.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Goatee, et all
You should add a headlamp. They can be invaluable in many situations

+1

I carry the petzl E+lite in my EDC bag in which I have a BOB "pouch" that goes into any bag I carry with me whenever I leave my apartment.

Its not the brightest light out there but IT IS TINY and has two white modes (tint is very very cool) and two red modes and comes with a nifty case. I have four spare lithium coin cells also in the case also, which it runs off. This is THE perfect BOB light - I snagged them for $15 a piece at EMS but they are now on sale for $23 at EMS:

http://www.ems.com/catalog/product_...T<>prd_id=845524442591685&emssrcid=GoogleBase

I love pictures so here is one of my BOB pouch - its a spec-ops packrat which is very small and can be dropped in any bag and goes with me everywhere (usually my E1B or Ra Twisty, depending on my mood, rides in my vest or jacket pocket while the other stays in the bag) - I know its a lot of lights to carry and redundant, but, my name is Harry and I'm a flashaholic :thumbsup:

IMG_2577.jpg

DaveG

Enlightened
Bullfrog,nice set up on the BOB, :thumbsup: on the E+lite, I like mine also.

bray

Newly Enlightened
Novatac 120P
Nitecore ex10 GDP
Surefire A2
petzel e-lite Headlamp
Coleman cree mini headlamp

and a ton of spare batteries

always have to carry a floody and throwy light cause you never know what youll need!

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Goatee, et all
You should add a headlamp. They can be invaluable in many situations.

When the Zebralight H501 comes in I will retire the H50 to the BOB. Right now I have a Petzel E+ light with extra CR coin cells in a contact lens case, and a Peak Pacific AA with an extra Li AA in a Peak battery case, which is sort a bare minimum solution.

The RA lights like many programmable lights has an off current drain, and while small it is still there. If you untwist the head of an older HDS EDC light it will not drain any current. Something to consider for the programmable lights.

I agree w/the headlamp suggestion. I forgot to add that my Jack-strap is in the bag as well in case I want to put the Ra or the Gerber on my head. I think that I am going to change the Gerber out with a Zebralight anyway; I think it is heads and tails above the Gerber. Good suggestion.

Last edited:

Seiko

Newly Enlightened
I have a black diamond headlamp, a mag AA with teralux drop in, and some form of "big light" that rotates frequently. The big light is always a 2x 123 of some variety.

Mag AA is in danger of loosing its spot to the nitecore d10. But fancy electronics don't mix well with BOB's in my opinion.

HeadCSO

Enlightened
My BOB is kept in the car - it is geared towards making my life easier in case of breakdown, or minor emergency.

The light I keep in there is a Fenix L1D, with 3 lithium AA batteries. The light resides in a mini mag pouch with a red diffuser tip (tight squeeze, but fits). On strobe with the diffuser fitted, it is great for signalling or acting as a warning light. I also keep an old niteize headband with the light.

I decided to keep only 1 light in the bag as I normally EDC 2 lights along with spare batteries.

mwaldron

Enlightened
I have a multi-stage bob system (which is a fancy way of saying I have 5 bags on the shelf with different things in each.) that I can just throw into a larger bag depending on what I'm doing.

None of them have a real flashlight in them. Each of them have 4xCR123 batteries. I don't see the purpose of putting a great flashlight on the shelf to hopefully never use. I have at least 1 great light in arms reach all the time (EDC) and generally 2-3. I have an L2 in my car...

As I move on to newer lights I will likely put a spare A2 or my L2 in there on a more permanent basis, but so far I can't justify a light to just sit there... My P2D might go in there once I get my Ra Clicky though as it will have no other use.

I do have a Coleman max headlamp in the main bag though I don't consider it a real flashlight, and there is a photon on the zipper.

E1B

Newly Enlightened
MAXPEDETION FATBOY (BAG) GERBER OMNIVORE (USES AAA, AA, 123)
SF E1B, SPRINGFIELD ARMORY XD 45, SF SPAIRS CARRIER, 4 PACK LIOIN AA'S GERBER MULTITOOL, LIGHTER, HAND SANITISER

deranged_coder

Enlightened
I have in my emergency bag which stays in my car always:

• Inova T1 (2008 version)
  • Leatherman LGX 200
  • Petzl e+LITE
  • ARES SO-LED

I actually have 2 of each of those so in the event of an emergency both my wife and I have a good set of lights available to us. In the bag I also have full sets of spare batteries for all of the lights above.

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1

I carry the petzl E+lite in my EDC bag in which I have a BOB "pouch" that goes into any bag I carry with me whenever I leave my apartment.

Its not the brightest light out there but IT IS TINY and has two white modes (tint is very very cool) and two red modes and comes with a nifty case. I have four spare lithium coin cells also in the case also, which it runs off. This is THE perfect BOB light - I snagged them for $15 a piece at EMS but they are now on sale for $23 at EMS:

http://www.ems.com/catalog/product_...T<>prd_id=845524442591685&emssrcid=GoogleBase

I love pictures so here is one of my BOB pouch - its a spec-ops packrat which is very small and can be dropped in any bag and goes with me everywhere (usually my E1B or Ra Twisty, depending on my mood, rides in my vest or jacket pocket while the other stays in the bag) - I know its a lot of lights to carry and redundant, but, my name is Harry and I'm a flashaholic :thumbsup:

IMG_2577.jpg

Awesome kit there Bullfrog! :thumbsup:

As for my bag, I got:

Surefire L1
Nitecore Defender Infinity
CountyComm SOLED