RIP Paul Harvey

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
He was a classic. On the radio for 70 years!!! His famous trademarks and broadcast phrasing were legendary:

"....and now you know the rest of the story"

"......Good Day!"

He cared very deeply about people and various causes. His passion was an example of what made this a better world. Watch this short video.

Who cares if anyone agrees with his politics or not when discussing someone's death. :shakehead

He reminds me of Charles Kuralt's "On the Road" series, or CBS 60 Minutes Andy Rooney.

RIP, Paul

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I don't know why, but just now the thought of never hearing his voice again reminds me of hearing that Walt Disney had just passed and realizing I wouldn't be seeing him at the start of the show anymore on Sunday nights.

Paul Harvey - a man with a very full life, but that, is the rest of the story...

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've listened to him for years. I always was a little disappointed when he would be off for the day and someone else would be filling in. I'll miss hearing his voice. It will be hard to adjust.

da.gee

Enlightened
I also used to listen to Paul Harvey everyday during the summers when I worked on the farm. It was just part of the day. RIP Mr. Harvey.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will miss his voice. He always dug up some of the best, most entertaining news stories.
RIP Paul.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I made it a point to always catch his 5-minute, "Rest of the Story," program. Best 5 minutes I enjoyed on a daily basis.

RIP.

wbp

Enlightened
Well, I guess now Paul knows the rest of the story. Too bad he can't tell us, eh? I'll miss him.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
All this time I thought he lived here in West TN and was on the local radio..

Funny how wrong I was.