Broke my Spartanian 2 !!!

machoamigo

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

Like my title says I broke my S2 and its all my fault.
I know that by opening it voids everything. :mecry:

Anyway I did open the head to fix the spring which was very loose only to the right, and when I did I noticed that the notch which (the point of the spring goes into) was out and that's why the twisty part was loose. I even adjusted the spacers (rings) in the twister which has two contact points one on top and one at the bottom which now when I put them back is very tight and will not turn as free as before. :shrug:

Even the small magnet which is there has also moved out and now when I placed it back in its groove does not seem to make the flashlight work.

I know that I did too much for my light to work and now I made it worse and it does not work at all. :sigh:

Hope anyone who has the S2 understood what I have tried to explain and can help me with my problem.

Appreciate your efforts to make my light work. Thanks.

neoseikan

Enlightened
Sorry for the bugs of S2.
New body will be available when standard Legion2 are produced.
Is the driver still OK? Have you been grounded before open the tube?
Or the electrostatic will kill the driver.

Last edited:

machoamigo

Newly Enlightened
I am not sure if I was grounded before opening the tube.
I was on my couch and I placed the flashlight on the table and I know that my legs were on the ground.

I hope this helps.
Can you help me Neo.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like you have rotated the driver!
Ok now if you haven't killed the driver lets give it ago, BTW the little magnet should be glued in between the two prongs i.e glue the disc part of the magnet to the side wall of the control ring.Now your S2 should look exactly like this picture,!the magnet is on the right.
004-4.jpg

Last edited:

neoseikan

Enlightened
Sounds like you have rotated the driver!
Ok now if you haven't killed the driver lets give it ago, BTW the little magnet should be glued in between the two prongs i.e glue the disc part of the magnet to the side wall of the control ring.Now your S2 should look exactly like this picture,!the magnet is on the right.
004-4.jpg

Thanks Titan. You helped me so much.
If the driver was killed, I'd like to refurbish this light, and charge the price for the driver.
We should wait for a few days, until the new bodies are produced and tested.

machoamigo

Newly Enlightened
Hello Titan and Neo

I did check the contacts and noticed that the magnet had not been placed on the disc part but was sideways. Your photo did help me alot thanks and now my flashlight works.

Woo hoo!!

Only thimg is I don't know how to get the spacer rings that is the contact metal rings at the top and bottom to be smooth like before because the twisty action is very tight now.

Thanks for your help and lovecpf.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Titan. You helped me so much.
Your welcome it was my pleasure to be of some help ;)

Hello Titan and Neo

I did check the contacts and noticed that the magnet had not been placed on the disc part but was sideways. Your photo did help me alot thanks and now my flashlight works.

Woo hoo!!

Only thimg is I don't know how to get the spacer rings that is the contact metal rings at the top and bottom to be smooth like before because the twisty action is very tight now.

Thanks for your help and lovecpf.
Great it lives :)

Can I ask! is the control ring free twisting when removed from the body?

neoseikan

Enlightened
Thanks Titan.
I might assemble another sample the day after tomorrow. Get ready! Eu review team.

And, machoamigo, sorry for the trouble. You will feel much better for the new version S2.