designing solar compatable LED lights

asra burney

Newly Enlightened
hey everyone! i m working on a project in which i m designing LED lights tht wl be powered by solar panels thru a battery . i m looking for the right kind of LEDs for that with their photometric data and graphs. what actually is photometric diagram plz let me know .. kindly help me with this, there is alot to do in the project n i m still stuck here..

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
A quick suggestion... This thread will probably have better luck in the "fixed lighting" sub forum off of the "General Light Discussion" forum.

First, though, a couple of questions: What type/output solar panels are you using (ie: 10-100w panel)? Will you have an inverter or charger connected to a power supply, such as a battery or battery bank? What type of driver were you planning on using (probably a good question for our more experienced forum users)? What kind of light output do you want (ie: is this an outside spotlight for a large are, or a dim indoor, able to see enough to avoid tripping, or are you lighting a room for long periods?)? What area do you live in/how much sunlight do you get per day, year round (will you need a larger solar panel)?
Think of your intended uses, and post another response, if a moderator doesn't move this thread for you.