M@G switch centering jig.

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if I'm alone but sometimes I find it a real PITA to get a M@G switch centered back in the body once it's been removed. I came up with this simple but totally effective jig. I took a piece of Delrin drilled and reamed a hole through it that matched the O.D. of the switch shaft. Then turned a small diameter that just fits the hole in the M@G body that has a length that's the same as the depth to the surface of the switch from the outside of the body. The larger diameter doesn't really matter as it's just to hold on to.

Once the switch is in the body you just line up the switch as best you can then press in the jig and it will perfectly center the switch. Slip your allen wrench through the jig and body, tighten the screw and pretso perfectly centered switch. :D

I haven't made one for a D M@G yet but it should work the same. Here's the C jig I just made.

DSC00090.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

DSC00093.jpg

Last edited:

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great idea Brian, I'm up for one if you decide to make some for sale! :thumbsup:

SafetyBob

Enlightened
Not only a good idea for putting M@gs back together but also making custom lights.

Not that I can't make one myself, but if you already have the jig made......

Bob E.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this to center the switch button in relation to the hole that you press to turn the light on and off with or is it to center the mast that the bulb is in to the body? My problem with two Mags is that the LED is off center so that the hotspot sort of looks like a fly with wings on it instead of a nice circle like my buddy's Mag. One of these lights has never been taken apart before!

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this to center the switch button in relation to the hole that you press to turn the light on and off with or is it to center the mast that the bulb is in to the body? My problem with two Mags is that the LED is off center so that the hotspot sort of looks like a fly with wings on it instead of a nice circle like my buddy's Mag. One of these lights has never been taken apart before!

This is just to center the switch in relation to the hole. It's not critical that it's centered there. I'm just anal about stuff like that and this was a pretty simple tool to make it easier to do.