• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Ra bezel decrenelation service (Bezels now in stock and ready to ship!)

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've decided to offer this as a service.

$10.00 + shipping

I accept PayPal and Postal Money Orders. I am PayPal verified.

No need to ship me your light, just send me the Bezel.

Send me a PM or E-mail if interested. E-Mail is bean[at]llcoolbeans[d0t]com.

I am also looking into buying some Ra bezels decrenelating them and offering the entire bezel for sale. Let me know if you would prefer that.

Note: Just FYI, this modification shortens the bezel, so if you intend on using it on a Ra Clicky, for example, the light would no longer headstand with the stock clip attached.

twistycutdownbezel1.jpg

UPDATE!!! Decrenelated Bezels in stock and ready to ship!

I have 5 Titanium Ra bezels decrenelated and ready for sale/shipment. Price is $47 each.
2 are sold, 3 remain.

I also have 1 decrenelated Stainless Steel bezel availible. Price is $25. This one had the laser engraving so I turned it down and polished it to a slightly finer finish than stock. Bezel diameter is about .025" undersize, this gives it a bit of a different look.

Undersize SS Bezel, shown on Ra Twisty...
UndersizeOnTwisty.jpg

Five Ti Bezels + one SS...
fiveplusone.jpg

Shipping charge will be a flat $5.00 for USPS Priority within CONUS, if you are outside CONUS or require another shipping method, PM me and we will work out shipping cost. (Note: USPS Priority is convenient for me, I will charge a small, reasonable fee for my trouble if you want some other method of shipping as I will have to go out of my way to do so.)

I guarantee my work, if you are dissatisfied in any way, return the item to me (at your expense) postmarked within three days of receiving your order and I will issue a refund. No questions asked. (Note: no refund will be issued for shipping charges)

Last edited:

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Crenelations be damned! Ra Twisty Mod

I don't know why I didn't think to offer this as a service.

Sarg, or anyone else...

I'll be happy to decrenelate your Ra bezel for $10 + shipping.

PM me if interested.

MODS: Maybe we should move this thread to the Custom B/S/T forum. Sorry, I probably should have posted there in the first place. Once that's done, I'll change the title and add details to my original post.

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: Crenelations be damned! Ra Twisty Mod

Wow, it looks a lot better with the flat front face instead of crenellations.

streetmaster

Enlightened
Re: Ra bezel decrenelation service

If I were interested, I would be more likely to buy another bezel already modified. I like both styles of bezel and would like to be able to switch them at will. Can you post a projected price for a smooth bezel?

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast

If I were interested, I would be more likely to buy another bezel already modified. I like both styles of bezel and would like to be able to switch them at will. Can you post a projected price for a smooth bezel?

Streetmaster,

That all depends on what Henry or one of the dealers will charge me for bezels. Don't hold me to this, but I estimate about $30-$40 (for SS, Ti will of course be more) + shipping for the entire bezel. Basically: cost of bezel + $10 for mod + shipping.

Last edited:

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are you extending this service to SS and Ti Bezels?

Mayo

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are you extending this service to SS and Ti Bezels?

Mayo

Yes, SS or Ti makes no difference to me. Ti might cause a bit more tool wear, but I don't think it's enough to justify an additional charge at this time.

That's something else I forgot to mention. Just as a CYA: All prices are subject to change without notice. I may need to adjust prices in the future, but we're GTG for now.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast

It does look a lot cleaner...Is the spill affected by the shortening of the bezel???

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

You want my stock SS bezel to mod and sell? :D

I just want the Ti one done and seriously doubt the SS one will be used again.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast

You would thin it would make the spill a lil wider....

PSM,

I suppose it's possible that the spill is ever so slightly wider. But I figure if that were true you would see the shape of the crenelations in the beam pattern before removing them and you don't.

You want my stock SS bezel to mod and sell? :D

I just want the Ti one done and seriously doubt the SS one will be used again.

Sarg, PM en route.

I'd love to have this done. I'm going to try to take off my bezel tonight.

OJ,

It should just twist off by hand. It takes a fair amount of force to overcome the friction of the O-ring, but you shouldn't need any tools.

Be careful not to drop your glass lens on the tile kitchen floor. Don't ask me how I know the outcome of that is less than ideal. Always disassemble your Ra over a soft surface, even if you think you are too cool to drop the lens. :cool:

Also, you may want to wait until I have complete bezels for sale. I noticed you are located north of the border. In my experience, getting packages through Canadian customs can sometimes take a loooong time. Ordering a complete bezel would save you money on shipping and we would only be dealing with customs in one direction. It's your call though.

Last edited:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast

Crenelations! We don't need no stinking crenelations!

B42_snow.jpg

The Ra bezel unlike many bezels on the market is designed NOT to block the spill beam. That is why it is sloped so much on the inside circumference. Another well thought out design by Henry.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

dede

Newly Enlightened

I want it with a Nylon bezel.:wave: