Need advice buying keychain

brightnorm

Flashaholic
After almost losing my keys (including ARC AAA and Photon II) I finally decided to get a keychain. I checked FROOGLE and there was much fancy-schmancy stuff that I didn't find appealing. Here's what I'm looking for:

Something simple, functional and strong but as small as possible(I guess that means a very thin chain)and just long enough to reach from my belt (or wherever you attach keychains) to a keyhole. I have a lot of cr*p in my pockets so I hope this can be light and unobtrusive.

All advice appreciated.

thanks,
Brightnorm

B@rt

Flashaholic
How about a OPTECH RETRIEVE-IT
ri-tad2.jpg

or Hammer Head Gear Keeper
hammerhead1.jpg

From TAD-Gear? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Tomas

Banned
You beat me to it, Bart! Those are EXACTLY what I was going to dig out. TAD has some nice gear (I got my first Arc there).

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The knob has a small diameter, pointed stainless steel screw in it. You pierce fabric or webbing with the knob and then screw it into the gear keeper to attach it. This is for a semi permanant application. This is a popular part for fire/ rescue folks on their turn outs. It also works well for lapel mikes for thesame group as well as LEO's.

- Don

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I used to use a "Key Bak" retractible keychain. I don't know where to get these things though (my dad gave it to me with the keys for vending machines).

They had two models: one with a closed loop that fits on a belt, and another with the loop open at one end so you could just clip it over your pants wasteband or belt.
Key-Baks were round and approximately 2" in diameter by 1/2" thick I'd guess, and they had a spring-loaded retractible chain that extended 2 feet or so if you extended it. I don't know how much weight they hold, but I'd imagine they'd hold your house & car keys plus an Arc-AAA or two just fine.

O o, there goes the doorbell, gotta go...

(Edit, sometime later...)
I guess Key Bak *does* have a website.
Try Key Bak
and this is the kind I use to have...
Don't ask why they misspell "Back" on purpose, they just do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Tomas

Banned
I saw a "Key-Bak" at Ace Hardware next to the key cutting machine ...

For some reason they always reminded me of a tape measure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

They looked rugged.

Just don't try this with your car keys, eh?