Is the Fenix P1d-CE Q5....

losthope

Newly Enlightened
Is the Fenix P1d-CE Q5 safe to use with AW Icr123 protected 3.7Volt 750 mah Li-Ion batteries ?

My normal cr123s are only 3 Volt

Niconical

Enlightened
The Fenix line is no, it is meant for 3v CR123A batteries only.

The CPF generally accepted line is yes, it can take it no problem, but it is driving it hard, and you will lose the lower levels.

losthope

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix line is no, it is meant for 3v CR123A batteries only.

The CPF generally accepted line is yes, it can take it no problem, but it is driving it hard, and you will lose the lower levels.

Does this mean a higher output with shortened led life ?

thanks for all replies

tobushomme

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

has anyone run his PD1 or P2D (PD20) on a LiPo for a couple of charges?

I tried it with my PD20, but when the regulation was gone (and the light somewhat brighter?) I didn't want to burn the bugger.

But if it were OK, I would do it.

bye

Tobus:ohgeez:

Niconical

Enlightened
I use LiFePO4 with the P1D Q5, P2D Q5, E1B, E1L, and some others.

All good, no loss of levels, flickering, or any of the other problems that can happen with single cell Surefire/Fenix if used with a 3.7v RCR123A.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,
has anyone run his PD1 or P2D (PD20) on a LiPo for a couple of charges?
quote]

I've run my P1D CE and P2D on RCRs with no problems.

I've EDC'd a P1D CE for over 3 years:crazy:.

On my keys, it ALMOST negates the need for my belt carried, (in AW holster from Lighthound), Nitecore Extreme.

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
High is not going to be any brighter with an RCR123 than with a CR123. The other two modes will be the same brightness initially untill the voltage on the RCR123 starts to drop.

I don't think it is being driven harder with the RCR123 because my MM shows .7A on high. With the CR123 it shows 1.15A.

I've noticed this with my other Fenixes also. When a 4V battery is used there is less draw on it.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
High is not going to be any brighter with an RCR123 than with a CR123. The other two modes will be the same brightness initially untill the voltage on the RCR123 starts to drop.

I don't think it is being driven harder with the RCR123 because my MM shows .7A on high. With the CR123 it shows 1.15A.

I've noticed this with my other Fenixes also. When a 4V battery is used there is less draw on it.
interesting...this is the first non-anecdotal evidence ive read that rcr is safe...

Crenshaw

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those figures I gave were with a P1D CE. I just tried it with a Q5 model. It showed 1.23A with a CR123 and .77A with a RCR123. But what's interesting is where the CE model showed the same overall lux in a lightbox with both batteries, the Q5 showed 1,000 less overall lux with the RCR123 than with the CR123.