New Guy Checking in with a Fenix questions

BRO

Newly Enlightened
I don't think I have any flashlight addiction issues to deal with; althought I'm sure my wife would not back me up on that statement.

Anyway, thinknig of buying a Fenix LD01, LD10 and a LD20 to standardardize my EDC/ home and hiking/camping needs. I am looking for a dealer that would provide the best deal (shipping and cost) that supports both the CPF and possibly EDC forums as well. Anyone that may have some special offerings at this time would be good news.

Reading many of the post on this CPF and the EDC forum; it appears the Fenix is a very nice trade off from the unexpensive to the very costly flashlights that support the AA/AAA format. I may even buy a EO1 although with the three Fenix models already mentioned, I doubt if I would really use it.

Thank you in advance for any assitance and I really enjoy reading the post on this forum.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
4sevens/Fenix Store is a good place to buy from. 8% off coupon there is "CPF8".

The LD10, LD20, and PD20 all use the same head so you can buy a LD10 and a LD20's body or vice versa.

:welcome:

greenLED

Flashaholic
I don't think I have any flashlight addiction issues to deal with; althought I'm sure my wife would not back me up on that statement.

Anyway, thinknig of buying a Fenix LD01, LD10 and a LD20 to standardardize my EDC/ home and hiking/camping needs. I am looking for a dealer that would provide the best deal (shipping and cost) that supports both the CPF and possibly EDC forums as well.

:welcome: BRO.
The first step is denial. Sounds like you're on the right track. :nana:

There's no better place to buy Fenix than 4sevens.com (aka. Fenix Store). Fenix lights are really good all-around values, IMO.

lonesouth

Newly Enlightened
lighthound.com has ldx0 bodies for $12.99, shipping is about $2.50. I got an LD10 from 4sevens for EDC and the 2xAA LD20 body from lighthound for camping

++ for 4sevens on customer service, communications and shipping!

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I highly recommend you get the E01. They're really good- enough light for 90% of tasks, small and pretty much indestructible :)

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree that www.4sevens.com is a very good place to get flashlights ... especially for Fenix lights. If for no other reasons, if you buy a Fenix light from 4sevens, you get lifetime warranty. Below is from their website:

*** March 13, 2008 *** Introducing the new www.4Sevens.com exclusive warranty:
NO QUESTIONS ASKED LIFETIME WARRANTY
We have a new policy for all Fenix brand products. We are so confident in these flashlights that we are now upgrading all Fenix lights purchased past, present, and future to an unconditional lifetime warranty.
We will repair or replace any Fenix lights purchased from www.4Sevens.com. Simply go through our "contact us" link to initiate the RMA process. Your light will be returned fully functional. The exterior finish is not covered as this is cosmetic and does not affect the light's function. If your model is discontinued, we may issue you store credit or offer you a newer model of equal or greater value. We reserve the right to issue a refund in lieu of a replacement.
The only requirements are:
1) A Fenix brand product purchased from www.4sevens.com
2) You must supply proof of purchase. An order number that matches your contact information is sufficient.
3) You must go through the standard RMA process where we will try to diagnose your problem before asking you to send it in.

BRO

Newly Enlightened
Wow, thanks for the feedback and so quick. I have decided to buy 2ea E01 for my wife and I as well as the other Fenix's mentioned. Thanks a lot.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
4sevens-dot-com is the best place to have your beloved Fenix light.

I also recommend a Fenix TK20.

2xAA format, wam tint (for outdoor use), huge throw for it´s size and constructed like a tank! I love mine! Perfect to use outdoor!

BRO

Newly Enlightened
4sevens-dot-com is the best place to have your beloved Fenix light.

I also recommend a Fenix TK20.

2xAA format, wam tint (for outdoor use), huge throw for it´s size and constructed like a tank! I love mine! Perfect to use outdoor!

Feder LG// I wish you had not suggested the TK20; hep, I ordered it. I have not been on the CPF forum a week yet and I'm down $300. + dollars. Thanks for the feed back from everyone. I guess I will see the light sooner than then later.

Burgess

Flashaholic
to BRO --

Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

You have made fine choices with Fenix flashlights.

Please let us know how you like them,
after you've used 'em for a while.

_