Can Lightwave Infiniton be modded?

OceanView

Enlightened
It never got much attention, but I have always had an interest in the now defunct Lightwave Infiniton LED lights since they first came out back in...2005, I think. Wow, that's actually not that long ago, but might as well be dog years, considering how far LED emitter technology has come since then.

I just ran across a place selling the "C1" model for $30. I don't mod lights myself, so I need to ask, does anyone know if the Infiniton's emitter can be replaced without destroying the rubber overmolding that goes over the aluminum frame underneath? The original emitter is a Lux I. Because of its "reflex" backwards-firing design, before the "recoil" Pelicans came out IIRC, I imagine that the replacement emitter would probably have to be an SSC P4 rather than a Cree, to use the original reflector properly. I ask because there's no sense buying one and getting it modded if it's going involve ripping up the rubber covering and destroying the original look of the light.

Anyway, not sure if anyone has ever actually tried modding one before or even held one in their hands except for a select few. Thanks!

Latest posts