My first time calling Surefire

bluecrow76

Enlightened
So I broke the pocket clip on my L1 over the weekend. I was trying to loosen it up so it would tear my pants up so much... and SNAP!

I called Surefire today and told them that I had broken it. The rep on the phone said they would get a new out to me right away. I stopped him and said... no... I broke it... I think I should pay for it. He thanked me for the offer and then said that there is no charge for the service.

I'm not suggesting everyone go out and break their clips so they can see for themselves how easy it is to work with Surefire customer service reps... just take my word for it! :twothumbs

Thanks Surefire!

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
My experience was much different. Seems that they only warranty lights still owned by the original owners and only if they purchased from an authorized dealer. I bought my surefire from Marketplace. The loophole here is that they don't require proof of purchase but apparently they require you to lie. I'm lukewarm on surefire service.

Seiko

Newly Enlightened
Ive only had to deal with them once, and was more then happy with the result. They even sent me a few batteries for my trouble.

elumen8

Enlightened
I'm fairly rough on my lights. I've broken clips, tailcap clickies and even managed to chip a lens or two on all brands of flashlights. Surefire has always made good without any hassle what-so-ever. They've never asked any tougher question than "where can we send your replacement part". Great service keeps my business.

-JB

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
They asked me where I got it, I told them I bought it here at the market place and they told me they couldn't help me and that it wasnt covered. I was Pissed off and I called right back and got the same guy. He said "sir, didn't you just call? I said "yes I did." Silence for like an eternity then he chimes in "alright, what's your address?" So I guess it wasnt a failure of their legendary service. But it could have been if I wasn't diligent, persistent and apparently the only caller in that 10 minute time span.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
They asked me where I got it, I told them I bought it here at the market place and they told me they couldn't help me and that it wasnt covered. I was Pissed off and I called right back and got the same guy. He said "sir, didn't you just call? I said "yes I did." Silence for like an eternity then he chimes in "alright, what's your address?"

:crackup::crackup:Well I think that's good enough!:crackup:

thegeek

Enlightened
I bought an L1 with a cracked lens at a garage sale, called up Surefire and told them exactly that. They told me to mail it in. One week later I had it back with a brand new head, tailcap, and battery.

flasherByNight

Enlightened
funny, just had this same problem myself a week ago w/my E1.
I just emailed them asking if they had replacement clips...he just asked where to send a replacement clip to. I was like, eh...nice :twothumbs

Although...(probably user error)...but took some filing to get the thing seated properly.

Also...they did the typical newegg style shipping and shipped it in a grossly over large huge styrofoam filled peanut box...seriously excessive

KD5XB

Enlightened
Wow, after reading all this I'm going to have to look at a few lights from SF!

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never needed their service, but if they can keep this kind of service up theire going to keep customers and continue to get new ones. This might be especially important with the slowing economy where people may not be so read to drop a bill or two on a new light.

I'm very impressed with the E1B and ED2L, but they may not have the best interface for all their customers so hopefully they get the new L series ones out. I hope they find a way to get the price back down on the E1B though, it would be a shame for this nice light to be priced out of the market. It does not appear the new Silver one is moving very fast, but that's an observation from quite a distance.

Bruce B

Enlightened
Not to thrilled with SF CS.
I called them today because my G2LED was ran over.
The SF rep said there was nothing they could do about it.
He did thank me for calling SF CS though. I was not impressed at all.

:thumbsdow SF CS :thumbsdow

Last edited:

SureAddicted

Enlightened
Not to thrilled with SF CS.
I called them today because my G2LED was ran over.
The SF rep said there was nothing they could do about it.
He did thank me for calling SF CS though. I was not impressed at all.

:thumbsdow SF CS :thumbsdow

That's a bit harsh. What do you expect, for SF to give you a brand new light even though it's not a quality control issue? I could understand if it was a pocket clip or tailcap, but I think your asking for way to much here.

Bruce B

Enlightened
That's a bit harsh. What do you expect, for SF to give you a brand new light even though it's not a quality control issue? I could understand if it was a pocket clip or tailcap, but I think your asking for way to much here.

Well it seems from searching the threads, that others have intentionally abused their lights and got free replacements. Still for the first time calling I thought the guy was pretty rude.