First Light Tomahawk

gelhard

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking for a EDCL and I came across the Tomahawk and like it's looks. I don't want to buy just on looks though and was wondering if anyone has had personal experience with this light. Thanks in advance for your input.

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
I have one and I'll be writing up a review of it shortly. It's a great little light with a very nice feature set and bomber construction. I usually carry it clipped to my belt and it is generally unobtrusive. Not very well suited for pocket carry though.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have this version the Tomahawk GP.

GP002Small.jpg

litework

Newly Enlightened
I have a Tomahawk GP. It's an excellent light with a good combination of throw and spill. Mine has three different light levels with a momentary high and low. This light fits comfortably in my coat pocket, belt or molle straps on my backpack. It's a top shelf light from a top shelf company.

gelhard

Newly Enlightened
Being able to just clip it to my belt is one of the things that I like about this light as a EDC (my pockets are already full LOL!) I'm looking at the GP how easy are the controls to work with I'm up North and I have to do a lot of work with gloves on half of the year. I'm also new to First light how are they to work with in case of problems? Also what would be a fair price I have one spotted right now for 143.99 + shipping is the price in the ball park for this light? Sorry for so many questions but I like to have as much info before purchasing a high end product.
Thanks for the quick responses to my questions
George

Last edited:

striwa88

Newly Enlightened
I have the Tomahawk LE and I loove this. The more I use it the better it is. The UI takes a few time thru to get use to. Overall one of my favorites.

Last edited:

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reasonably bright, with a very nice beam and decent throw for such a small reflector. Much more comfortable to hold and use than I expected. I have the Red/Green model, and I like that momentary/high/white is available in every mode, but I don't like that you have to look down the bezel to determine which color mode it's in (minor quibble). There's some parasitic drain on the batteries when "off", so don't leave batteries (especially rechargeables) in it if it's going to be left unused for extended periods.

ErickThakrar

Enlightened
The "parasitic" drain comes from the circuit monitoring the control pad. It's a whopping 120 MICRO-amps. Not exactly a large drain.