• No, should be better

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Hmm, borderline. depends on the person

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure if I am crazy or not.
Do you think this beamshot would be acceptable for a cree light. $50's range.

Review shots from light reviews. yeah i know the exposures will be different in the beamshot.
ld10beamab1.jpg
01nn6.jpg

edit: oops, obviously i think the beamshot is one sided because the emitter is misaligned. the light reviews has an aligned emitter which obviously makes the even beamshot imo.

Am I expecting too much?

Last edited:

Superdave

Enlightened
both of those seem to be close to the wall.. the lower shot is pretty clean but I bet the spot softens up alot after 8-10 feet.

it's hard to tell reflector depth, what light is it?

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Just judging by looking at that picture it looks very acceptable to me.

The ones that I don't care for is when you have a bright hot spot surrounded by a dark ring, then a bright ring. I think this one is just fine, even for a white wall hunting mission!

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
You guys gotta cut back on the white wall hunting. Looks just fine to me. I have never seen any corona when using a light to see in the dark. Now if the tint was very very bad that could be an issue. The tint seems good so just roll with the rest.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Also the gap shown in green is nothing to worry about. Your eyes must be good as I would have never picked it out. I say enjoy the light. :)

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Take it outside and see if you can notice in during actual real world use. White wall beam shots are good to show the characteristics of a beam, but small issues with the beam on a white wall often won't be relevant in real world use. Unless you can see it in actual use, to the point it's distracting and being a problem, I wouldn't worry about it.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
perfectly acceptable in my book. The slight off-center / non-symmetric appearance will wash out when used illuminating non-white wall surfaces.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just judging by looking at that picture it looks very acceptable to me.

The ones that I don't care for is when you have a bright hot spot surrounded by a dark ring, then a bright ring. I think this one is just fine, even for a white wall hunting mission!

that's what i want!:eek:

i'm officially crazy then. :tinfoil:
i need some time off of cpf..

sappyg

Enlightened
i'm in the minority here.... i go white wall hunting every chance i get and i dislike rings though they do not effect the usefulness of the light.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
You're actually not though. It's just that the only ones really vocal about it are the ones that claim to never look at white walls, and then clamor for white wall beamshots.

Everyone looks at white walls as it's a good way to get an idea how a light will perform and whether you'll have any dark spots in the woods when you shine your light out there.