Surefire MN61 vs P61

Darell

Flashaholic
When I order my G2Z, I want to also order up a P61 (I believe that's the correct HOLA for it) and a spares carrier that'll fit the bulb. When I visit the SF site and track down the SC1 carrier, it says it holds the P61. Great, problem solved, right? Nope. I click on the provided P61 link, and it takes me to the MN61 details page. At the bottom of the MN61 details page, I'm told that this bulb will fit perfectly in the SC2. Click on the link, and sure enough, the SC2 shows that it'll hold the MN61. Well, OK. But after all this, what do I need? MN61, P61, SC1 or SC2?

Darell

Flashaholic
Update: I finally found the P61 LA (no thanks to the provided links from the spares carriers) and it pretty clearly says that it works with the G2 (didn't know the "old" G2 could handle that much heat) and fits in the SC1. So I think I got it.

P61 and SC1.

Shouldn't be this hard...

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here I go...opening my big mouth again...P61 (for sure) and SC1???

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I talked to LPS tactical a month or so ago they told me that the old version SC1 would only hold P60, P61, P90, and P91 LA's with removed identification tape when combined with new Surefire batteries. Any other batteries would fit.

The new Surefire batteries apparently have a wider lip that causes interference problems.

I was advised to wait until the new SC1's are released that don't have these interference problems.

Darell

Flashaholic
Oh man. I need about 24 more hours in each day to keep up. I didn't even know the SC1 was being revamped. Do we have a time-frame on THAT little item?

Mike - I'm pretty confident on the P61... but I guess the SC1 is up in the air still. I just saw Craig's post in the G2z thread that mentioned the P61.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
When I bought my G2 from a local supplier I asked if there was a HOLA for it, and he handed me the P61. I've bought many things from him over the years (mostly knives but also a few SFs too) and can vouch for his thorough product knowledge.

Latest posts