Ariel Atom

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Way ot but, It (the Ariel Atom) is a car of British origins, basically a go-kart on steroids. The supercharged version has be reported to do 0-100-0 in the 11 second range. They weigh about 1400 lbs, so even a lowly 300 horsepower version is riotously quick. There's no telling what the 500 horse version would do. It might not have enough traction to make a difference.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Re: PK is back!!!!

Cool !

Sounds like a review topic for

the fine chaps at TopGear.

:twothumbs

(keeping this on topic, bet it has bright headlights !)

:cool:
_

Burgess

Flashaholic
Re: PK is back!!!!

Holy Cow ! ! !

Thank you for that Link !

:wow::wow::wow:
:thanks:

_

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
OT for this thread since it is not a video link but somebody is trying to a Hartley H1 V-8 into an Ariel Atom. This is an engine based on a Suzuki Hyabusa, is all of 2.8 liter (192 cu. in.), and has about 400 hp @ 10,000 rpm with 245 ft. lbs. of torque. The engine only weighs about 200 lbs. Yikes!

There is footage of a race car based around the engine and also of one placed into a Catherham Seven. These cars will eat up the track and almost anything else that is on it.

Check out dpcars.net for the Atom and h1v8.com for info the engine, plus the race car and the Seven.

Oh, and do not blame me for the total lack of productivity for the rest of the day. You have been warned. This stuff is sick! You will get sucked in.

Mwah ha ha ha!

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually saw that a few years ago on Topgear when they were on the discover channel.... that would be sick to have one!

stevep

Newly Enlightened
Speed TV has a show called Supercars Exposed. They host of the show was stopped several times by LE as they didn't think the car was street legal.
This car would certainly be a blast to drive.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Penguin (and more than a few others) -- not a chance! I warned everyone that the info and pix about that engine would suck productive time into a huge black hole.

The sound of the engine on that video on the H1V8 site is amazing. Heck, I can pass on fine food, good wine, and even a wonderful single malt, but the sound of a high performance engine @ 10,000 rpm or more is just too much.

Put one of those into a teenie car like an Ariel Atom or a Super Seven and it should make you say more than just "I AM AN ALIEN!!!" There's nothing like a light weight, high output engine in a "knuckle dragger." Neat watching it eat Porsches and climbing all over the rear of that Ford GT... but that sound! :drool::drool::drool::drool: