Buy E2L from lapolicegear.com or batterjunction.com?

jsonkim843

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if anyone bought their E2L form one of these websites. They don't seem to clear on their website so I was thinking you guys should know. I'm trying to get the latest E2L which I believe is the Cree version, and I want the dual 3/60. Anyway, is their a new optic that I don't know about, one where the actual lens of the light has the diffuser built on it? sorry if I'm not being clear, I'm a little confused too. I was wondering which versions you guys got from these sites.

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
The E2L on the batteryjunction.com website you can get in two versions. The older, 45 lumen version will run you $149, while the newer 3/60 lumen version is another $10. I believe the E1L, E2L and L1 all use the TIR (total internal reflection) optic, which make them great throwers, but not so great for white-wall hunting (close examination of the beam on a wall). I love my L1 with the optic and carry it when I don't carry my Fenix E01s.

As for which store to go with, I've had nothing but superb service from MattK at batteryjunction. I even had a set of 17 batteries all bad at once and the good folks at batteryjunction shipped me a new set of batteries on their dime. Excellent service. :thumbsup:

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because of a recent experience I've had with Matt at BatterJunction I can only beg you to buy from him.

Top notch quality IMO and they will work with you to make sure you're happy.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought my E2DL from LAPolicegear, and they threw in 10 or 12 (can't remember exactly) extra USA made Batterystation brand 123's. Very happy with the transaction.

I have no reason to doubt Batteryjunction, I just haven't dealt with them (yet!). I'm sure they'd give good service.

I'd just decide by selling price and any free batteries you get.

jsonkim843

Newly Enlightened
Thanks. I just needed to make sure that the E2L model from lapolicegear.com is the latest model. The latest model is the 3/60 lum E2L right? They don't have previous models with the same output/runtime?

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. I just needed to make sure that the E2L model from lapolicegear.com is the latest model. The latest model is the 3/60 lum E2L right? They don't have previous models with the same output/runtime?

It is the latest model.

Not sure what you meant by the last one. I don't know exactly what the old specs were but on SureFires website they say the runtime and output are improved, so I'm not sure why it would even matter.

However, the version LAPG sells is the same model that is on SureFires webpage.. which is the newest version.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
BatteryJunction is great to deal with, always great service, fast shipping and very knowlegable advice. Haven't dealt with the other one.

Which one is closer to you?