Review for Lumapower Lumahunter MRV SK v1.1?

HEDP

Enlightened
I've searched on here and googled it, but I haven't seen a review for this light.

LumapowerMRVLight.jpg

http://www.batteryjunction.com/lumapower-v11-mrv-sk.html

Does anyone know if there's a review on this light or have any input on it?

I just ordered one and can't wait to get it. But only afterward did I find out about these problems.

I've read that some of these had problems with buttons, beam being off-center and the tailcap being too far away to contact the battery.

Also that this battery only achieves full output (280lumens) with the extender and 2 batteries. Thus it is only at 80% with one 18650 battery, which is 224 lumens. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you know what's the difference between the 2 versions?

I don't recall the MRV SK v1.1.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if the new circuitry improves the throw?

I just checked my MRV and mine only has the the 3 levels, high, medium and low. I get so many lights I forget what light does what.

HEDP

Enlightened
I wonder if the new circuitry improves the throw?

I just checked my MRV and mine only has the the 3 levels, high, medium and low. I get so many lights I forget what light does what.

Basically what separates it from the standard MRV is the strobe feature, and 8% improvement in circuit efficiency.

Could the new circuitry improves the throw? Is that what the better circuitry does? Or does it only make it more efficient as in how much energy it uses so it would last 4 1/2 hours on one battery vs. 4 hours.

So what do you think is better the MRV, Dereelight DBS V2 or Tiablo A9 Q5? Which one is brighter?

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Basically what separates it from the standard MRV is the strobe feature, and 8% improvement in circuit efficiency.

Could the new circuitry improves the throw? Is that what the better circuitry does? Or does it only make it more efficient as in how much energy it uses so it would last 4 1/2 hours on one battery vs. 4 hours.

So what do you think is better the MRV, Dereelight DBS V2 or Tiablo A9 Q5? Which one is brighter?

Out of the group of 3 you show the Dereelight DBS V2 should out throw the other lights.

My top throwing Cree light out of my collection of lights is the Tiablo A10 R2.

Last edited:

HEDP

Enlightened
Out of the group of 3 you show the Dereelight DBS V2 should out throw the other lights.

My top throwing Cree light out of my collection of lights is the Tiablo A10 Q5.

Does the Dereelight DBS V2 throw a lot better the the MRV SK?

Out of the Dereelight DBS V2, MRV SK v1.1, and Tiablo A9 Q5, which one is the best?

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the Dereelight DBS V2 throw a lot better the the MRV SK?

Out of the Dereelight DBS V2, MRV SK v1.1, and Tiablo A9 Q5, which one is the best?

Check my review with all the long distance beam shots and you can see the DBS V2 is much brighter.

I still like the DBS V2 the best. Has more options with the different modules offered.

HEDP

Enlightened
Check my review with all the long distance beam shots and you can see the DBS V2 is much brighter.

I still like the DBS V2 the best. Has more options with the different modules offered.

What kind of options?

Does it have strobe?

Do you like your MRV? Was it worth the money?

Do you know what the lumens for the Dereelight DBS 2 and the Tiablo A9 Q5 are?

Last edited:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of options?

- Check this link

Does it have strobe?

- My version does not.

- Yes it's build quality is excellent. Brightness is OK. I can say about the price is that it falls in the category of what you are going to pay for this type of light.

- You buy a cheap light you get for what you pay for, troubles and sometimes the light won't work. I would pay extra for a light that has thought and quality built in rather than by a cheapie light.

- Don't have a way to check lumens only lux.

- From my review, all measurements taken at 1 meter.

MRV SK Q5 SMO 2 RCR123's - 16,440 lux @ 1 meter

Tiablo A9 Q5 SMO 2 RCR123's - 19,260 lux @ 1 meter

Dereelight DBS V2 Q5 1 18650 - 20,767 lux @ 1 meter

Last edited:

HEDP

Enlightened
What kind of options?

- Check this link

Does it have strobe?

- My version does not.

- Yes it's build quality is excellent. Brightness is OK. I can say about the price is that it falls in the category of what you are going to pay for this type of light.

- You buy a cheap light you get for what you pay for, troubles and sometimes the light won't work. I would pay extra for a light that has thought and quality built in rather than by a cheapie light.

- Don't have a way to check lumens only lux.

- From my review, all measurements taken at 1 meter.

MRV SK Q5 SMO 2 RCR123's - 16,440 lux @ 1 meter

Tiablo A9 Q5 SMO 2 RCR123's - 19,260 lux @ 1 meter

Dereelight DBS V2 Q5 1 18650 - 20,767 lux @ 1 meter

1.) So there is definite "usable" improvement in brightness from the Dereelight and Tiablo over the MRV?

2.) Can the MRV SK be upgraded with head and other options later?

Last edited:

HEDP

Enlightened
MRVS057Small.jpg

So this side button adjusts the brightness level.

Does it also turn the light on and off?

HEDP

Enlightened
Nope, just the tail button to turn on and off (forward clicky) side button is to change modes only.

Dang, thats a bummer. That's part of the reason I got that flash light.

Do you have one?

Are you happy with it?

I'm sort of having buyers remorse, I sort of wish I got a Dereelight DBS V3

Flic

Enlightened
Dang, thats a bummer. That's part of the reason I got that flash light.

Product description on the site you linked is pretty clear...

"the MRV SK V1.1 features an innovative approach to power and output switching; the tailcap switch controls on/off and offers a momentary feature; on the side is the SideKick switch which allows the use to control output level or mode"

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should have read my review closer.

"The MRV SK uses a side switch which controls the 3 brightness levels, high, medium and low. The rear clickie is a forward clickie."

HEDP

Enlightened
You should have read my review closer.

"The MRV SK uses a side switch which controls the 3 brightness levels, high, medium and low. The rear clickie is a forward clickie."

I'm a new comer to this flashlight forum, actually on less then a week, joined to find out about flashlights for LE work and bought the MRV SK after some info from you guys.

I have no clue what a "clickie" is, but I assume it's a button. "The rear clickie is a forward clicke" made it sound like the rear button is a forward button.......which makes no sense at all to me. I figured if it adjusts the brightness levels, it also turns it on, similar to how the Streamlight and other flashlights button turns it on and cycles the brightness levels.

Did you see my questions in the above lower posts in this thread?

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
A clickie is the switch, that you press and it "click"s.

A forward clickie prodives momentary on with a half press and constant on with a full press or a "click". A reverse clickie doesn't allow the flashlight to light up unless the switch is clicked and released. It provides momentary off when there is pressure on the switch in the on position(usually good for multimode lights, and seems to be cheaper).

There's also an electronic "clickie". Think keyboard key except in a flashlight.

I'm suggest reading the Welcome Mat.