Lightest, smallest, thinest, cheapest 18650 only led with no bulging head??

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
which is the Lightest, smallest, thinest, 18650 only led light with no bulging head, available this week , has levels that go very high like 150+ lumens, and extreemly low, for extended runtime.

the beam pattern is not important, the regulation is not important, the led would be nice if it was a good one, but i can chage those things.

i want it to be Straight, not have a head, a smaller diameter is more important than a short length, but both is good too.
the body can be so thin , it would collapse if you steped on it hard :) as long as it is lightweight.
i dont care if its butt-ugly, or has zero grip, or doesnt tail stand or isnt tacktical.
it doesnt need fighting defence items, and shouldnt have edges that tear holes in pockets and stuff.
it must use the 18650, i dont have a problem with it being declining output type.
prefer a switch instead of a twistie, because by the time i get a twisty to stop turning by itself, its impossible to use easily, but i would use a twistie, if that was the way to get small and light anyways.

i really want to ask in the reviews area, after meandering through a bunch of great reviews, but here is the appropriate location.

the best idea i have gained so far is the "Jet-III Pro ST" is there lighter thinner cheaper? (meaning titanium $200 things are out)

use, for general simple non-egotisitcal pocket light for backpacking where weight is important, and i am not carrying a spare (mabey solar charge but not spare)

Last edited:

Wade

Newly Enlightened
a little off topic but Nitecore should extend their ex10 to take 18650 or 2x123 but they have not yet. it would make for the exact light you are looking for.

Only posting as I hope someone will pick on this and run with it.

I race A.R. and what you are asking for would be in my minds eye the light to have.

So here is one more voice asking for the same.

Thin, lite, light,

Consider the d10 or ex10. 140lumens but less run time.

Wade

Newly Enlightened
That jet beam IIIst does look nice if only it would take 2x123s as well.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast

that one would work for the cheap part :) but i am likly to sand down the end bezel thing at the risk of making it a bit messyier, i really dont like strobe and sos, i have never understood who the heck is going to respond to an sos unless there is already a search in play, and i would rather crawl out on my knees than be searched for . with strobes and sos in all this stuff nowdays do they rescue everyone who turns them on :)

the Jet has the three settings too (from what they said) , and ALL 3 can be adjusted any way i want , or is one of them stuck doing a strobe?
I hate it when i "get in the wrong mode" when i just want high (see something afar) med (enough light but runtime) low (out of the city low can be enough) , and super duper low (pitch black in a tent), as rare as getting in a wrong mode is, it can be madening when your dealing with other things, and now i have to deal with a computer too.
although it seemed that the jet could be configured for the super duper low, instead of limited to one version of low?

Last edited:

led4me

Newly Enlightened
How about the zebralight h60? It's a headlamp instead of a flashlight but relatively small and light. Price is similar to Jet that you're intested in. Except for angled head, I think it has most of the features you want.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about the zebralight h60? It's a headlamp instead of a flashlight but relatively small and light. Price is similar to Jet that you're intested in. Except for angled head, I think it has most of the features you want.

i have the headlamp type stuff covered, headlamps are great, specially for working, hiking, and setting up camp.
and the zebra sure fixes some of the issue with headlamps, i was hoping THEY would put out one with a perfect blended 25* , something in between the way to spotty (for headlight) and way to wide.
so i havent got one of thiers yet, i was thinking mabey a simple tiny half moon lens over thier led (but very close to led) would give it that balance, but then again, all my headlights have the light on the front and battery on back to balance the weight out also.
I swear they said they were gonna put out one that was in-between, but then i look at the reviews for it often , and they havent made MINE yet :)
i have seen and used them in person, they work great, especially vrses the plastic junk that costs some $100 and can leak like a sive in the rain still.

80% of the headlamps made are not for humans, big clunkey heads on them, clicks that miss the spot, headbands that CLAMP on the head, when they balance the bats on the back, they use excessive wireing , or the balance is still way off, switching that is hard to operate with gloves, put crasy stuff in them 2 people in the world would use , poor heat syncing, useless battery capacity, then charge to much besides arggg.
i had to make my own.

Last edited:

Scourie

Enlightened
The Jetbeam ST can be set to whatever you want on the 3 modes. I've just tested it by setting mine to low, low and thrice low.

Rob

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Jetbeam ST can be set to whatever you want on the 3 modes. I've just tested it by setting mine to low, low and thrice low.

Rob

great thanks. and how have you been doing with accidentally getting into 3click modification mode when you didnt want to be there? can you flip modes pretty fast once you know how it works without accidentally landing in config mode?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
You can order it ah la cart and select a driver you like with different levels. Send him a PM!!

:D Yeah that's not the right spelling of that.

Last edited:

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
and if i spend 2 weeks getting it and 3 weeks modding it (after trying to get parts from timbucktoo) and stuff a warm Cree Quad Die in at 3amps, its gonna be all your fault you know :)

other than the small spaces for the driver, which are a bit smaller than would fit the larger inductors, the thing looks VERY long term and modable, thanks to its simplicity, standard hole sizes, and big star mount location. hmm mabey i will need a custom copper heatsync too, and tritium inlays, and glow cord laynard, and wonder what optics would fit in it, or mabey a nice aspherical, then i . . . .

ohh noo its happening again, somebody permentally glue one , and sell it to me before i am doomed :laughing:

Last edited:

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L-mini II will apparently have low, medium, and high. It should be pretty similar to the original in size, so it will probably be relatively thin.
I have a bunch of laptop batteries that are just begging me to buy an L-mini II when it comes out...

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L-mini II will apparently have low, medium, and high. It should be pretty similar to the original in size, so it will probably be relatively thin.
I have a bunch of laptop batteries that are just begging me to buy an L-mini II when it comes out...

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=177921&page=13
and the users seem to be encouraging him to try and wedge in the Cree MCE quad die in too. aww but it might overheat , too bad.

the cool thing about the spread out quad die things is potentially you can run them at the "normal" currents, and they should put out way less heat, and more spread out heat as far as the actual emitting items are concerned.
then
if it was current control, and turned down for low settings, the "efficency" of the led would be in it's higher range, so when running a Quad Die really low, it should be capable of putting out more light than a single.
if they could just work out a good way to set up the beam for them, like diffuse cleanly prior to optics , which could culminate a diffuse whole area (instead of 4 squares).

Last edited: