Lsh-p offered after Ls4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddwarf

Newly Enlightened
Peter,will the LSH-P be offered after the introduction of the LS4?And is it possible to purchase the thin,plastic lens protectors from Arc, as replacements?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LS4 will eventually replace all previous versions of the LS, including the LSH.

We will continue to sell the LSH after the release of the LS4 for a short while.

Send us a SASE and we will send you some lens protectors for free.

Peter

shrap

Enlightened
Depending on how much the LS4 costs and its reliability, you might not want to discontinue the LSH. There will always be a market for a high quality, simple, tested and proven light over a brand new one with lots of (unwanted) features, unproven reliability, and greater cost.

reddwarf

Newly Enlightened
Thank you,Peter.I will include SASE & request with my upcoming order from you.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
The LS4 will eventually replace all previous versions of the LS, including the LSH.

We will continue to sell the LSH after the release of the LS4 for a short while.

Send us a SASE and we will send you some lens protectors for free.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

Discontinuing the LSH would be a bad decision in my opinion. Many won't want any part of a programable light like the LS4. If you end-of-life the LSH, many who may have bought that who do not want the LS4 will not purchase anything. I can understand wanting to limit the amount of products, but ending the LSH would be a big mistake.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another view you might consider is that the LEDs we use in our LS are quite rare and limited in number. There is a very real limit to how many LS-anything we can make a month. This will improve over time of course but do you see why we would want to put what we do have in the LS4 chassis?

Taking the value of the LSH into consideration, we lowered the price on the LS4. Does anyone really think all those extra features we added to the LS4 cost just $20 more?! It seems strange to me that no one has noticed this...

Understand that I have a great affection for the LSH. I carry one on my person every day. I am sad to move from one chassis to another. As everyone is well aware, life is full of examples were we have to move from one thing we love to something risky we know little about. But then these moves tend to mature us.

I see the move to the LS4 as very exciting. But that is still 5 months out. Until then, I am getting full use with my LSH-P. And after the LS4 is ready, someone who I care about will probally get several more years of use out of my LSH and so on.

Peter

Tomas

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said: ... LEDs we use in our LS are quite rare and limited in number. There is a very real limit to how many LS-anything we can make a month. This will improve over time of course but do you see why we would want to put what we do have in the LS4 chassis?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

(That's not a smart aleck response, but an honest one. I happen to agree that discontinuing a simple solid product and replacing it with an "advanced" more complex product happens all the time - look at cell phones - but that does not mean as a consumer that I necessarily agree with it.)

paulr

Flashaholic
If a lot of people want to buy an LSH instead of an LS4, then by all means keep making it. Look at Volkswagen bringing back the Beetle after all those years. Look at every traditional watch model still being made because not everyone wants a digital or electronic watch.

I'd like to hope that the LED shortage is like the scarcity of a new model of microprocessor, and that it will ease up after a while.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
All I know, the LSH is great at what it does. It's a small, funtional, powerful, easy to use light. I just cringe at the thought of the LS4. Circuitry in a flashlight to control brightness and regulation will always be a thumbs-up in my book. All that overhead for what I consider to be non-essential stuff is a waste, in my opinion. Thomas had a great analogy with the cell phone. Go out and try to find a cell phone that just places and receives calls nicely. You can't find one.

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use my simplest flashlights the most. Not everyone wants lots of features. If you only sell a very complicated LS light, many people will go for simpler lights made by other companies. IMO it would be better to sell both, mainly for those who want a simple light that will just work when they need it, not one that they will spend hours playing with.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tell you what, when the LS4 gets into the hands of the CPF'ers you tell me if you think the light is not an improvement and I will look at our options.

Peter

tusenkonstnar

Newly Enlightened
I can agree that some peple would prefer the simpleness with the LS. On the other hand (we have already started the comparishon with cellphones), the LS4 will not be harder to operate than an ordinary
- cellphone

I want a LSH-p but I'm waiting for the LS4,
* the difference in prize is insignificant
* when out canoing or something like that I wont need more lights (although I probably will bring more lights), If i bought a LSH-p I would also bring something weaker so I don't destroy my nightvision when looking at the map. I will also use something that can throw a little bit longer.

Instead of carrying these 3 lights I can now use 1 light. That makes sense to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SUREFARC

Enlightened
Peter, I too think you should keep the LSH which I consider as the best 1w light yet made. But I see your point and I believe you'd like to keep it more than everyone of us. We trust you and we appreciate your products and we belive your decision must be reasonable. Things will work out fine!

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
Tell you what, when the LS4 gets into the hands of the CPF'ers you tell me if you think the light is not an improvement and I will look at our options.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

... sounds fair to me.

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
I agree Nascar and PG. Lets wait until its out to pass final judgement. I, like many others, am a big LS fan and can't quite imagine a world where Arc does not offer the LSH series lights for our use and great enjoyment. I am pretty sure that PG and the Arc family are not going to disappoint us on this one.

jtice

Flashaholic
Can someone post a link, pic, or info on the new LS4?

I have not heard about it till just now.

I am very tempted to order a couple Arc LS "seconds".

Status
Not open for further replies.