Camera based presentation of the output of my Fenix L2D and Dereelight CL1H

jenskh

Enlightened
Here is pictures I have generated from several beam shots of two of my lights. Some of the technique is described in another tread that the moderator moved to the general section.

my.php
l2d.jpg

cl1h.jpg

The red, green and blue lines on the left shows the average color distribution in the beam shots. The green corners outlines a 1 m2 square around the pictures. The very small dot (1 pixel) close to the center represents the pixel with the highest lux value as presented on the left side. The area it covers is far to small to be measured with a lux meter.

I will work a little more on the technique, and also present pictures of the output of my other lights.

jenskh

Enlightened
Yes, The CL1H with the Q2 A5 pill is the light I use 90 % of the time while walking outdoors in the evenings. If I want to see things at longer distances, I also carry a Dereelight DBS with a R2 WH pill. That is a very efficient emitter with a tint that I also like very much. I am leaning more and more away from the WC emitters. They are very effective for illuminating things, but I just like the warmer tints better.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, The CL1H with the Q2 A5 pill is the light I use 90 % of the time while walking outdoors in the evenings. If I want to see things at longer distances, I also carry a Dereelight DBS with a R2 WH pill. That is a very efficient emitter with a tint that I also like very much. I am leaning more and more away from the WC emitters. They are very effective for illuminating things, but I just like the warmer tints better.

+1 on that, find that warmer tints pick things out clearer, i guess i could illuminate something 200m or so away but no point if all i can tell is that its moving