Need a short summary of the Fenix lineup.

Raven

Enlightened
There seem to be so many models now, and I'm looking for a chart (or whatever) that I can quickly scan for needed information. Thanks.

HKJ

Flashaholic
There seem to be so many models now, and I'm looking for a chart (or whatever) that I can quickly scan for needed information. Thanks.

I do not have any chart, but can give you a few pointers.

The LDxx is just a new version of the LxD lights, i.e. the differences are minimal.

The TK series are the robust serie, they can take a lot of punishment, has two output levels selected by turning the head and uses forward switch.

The L.. series all uses AA/AAA batteries and have multiple output levels.

The P.. series all uses CR123 batteries and have multiple output levels.

The E.. series is a low cost serie.

The difference inside a series is batteries and max. light output and sometime also the interface (i.e. switch or twisty).

Raven

Enlightened
So what's the main difference between the L2E and L2D? Which model is the premium 2AA? Thanks

HKJ

Flashaholic
So what's the main difference between the L2E and L2D? Which model is the premium 2AA? Thanks

I do not know about the L2E.

LD20 is the newest model, the improvements over the L2D is a better reflector and anti roll design. They uses the same Q5 led, but might have a small difference in drive current (i.e. light output is not exactly the same).

The "Premium" was a marking uses around xmas 2007, to signal that the models was with a Q5 led, when the Q5 got common, the marking disappeared.

My favorite 2AA Fenix light is the TK20, I love the solid design with rubber grip.

You can see most of my Fenix family here:
DSC_1798a.JPG

And here is a photo with the Tk20:
DSC_3254.jpg

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
L1D, LD10-1AA 4 levels+ SOS and strobe, reverse clicky switch
L2D, LD20-2AA 4 levels+ SOS and strobe, reverse clicky switch
L1T-1AA, two levels, forward clicky switch, change levels by turning head
L2T-2AA, two levels, forward clicky switch, change levels by turning head
P1D-1 123A, 4 levels+ SOS and strobe, twisty switch
P2D,PD20-1 123A 4 levels +SOS and strobe, reverse clicky switch
E20-2AA, 1 level, adjustable focus, reverse clicky switch
EO1-1 AAA, 1 level, twisty
TK20- 2AA, two levels, forward clicky switch, change levels by turning head, warm tint l.e.d.
TK11- 2 123A/1 18650, 2 levels, forward clicky switch, change levels by turning head

Gunner12

Flashaholic
From the Welcome Mat thread:

E = AAA powered
P = CR123 powered
PD = essentially improved designs of the P2D and P3D series. Better tailcap knurling, improved tailcap design with better laynard ring, easier to turn head which is also an anti-roll hexagon shape, lower low, medium, and high, smoother talicap switch. Longer runtime on low, medium, and high.
L = AA or AAA powered
LD = essentially improved designs of the L2D. Better tailcap knurling, improved tailcap design with better laynard ring, easier to turn head which is also an anti-roll hexagon shape, lower low, medium, and high, smoother tailcap switch. Longer runtime on low, medium, and high.
T = CR123 powered with a forward clickie, two mode, tighten for high, loosen for low, uses a Cree XR-E Q5 LED (for now; when they add more models, this might change)

0 = 1 AAA powered, for the E series, 1 5mm LED, currently the Nichia CS, all twisties.
01 = 1 AAA powered, E series, multicolor anodizing, 1 5mm Nichia GS. 1 AAA powered LD series. Cree XR-E Q5 and three modes only, medium-low-high. Reflector is also improved and PWM is faster.
1 = 1 battery, for the E series, 1 Nichia Power LED, for the P series, a twistie. For the T series (T1) a 2 stage forward clickie light powered by 2 CR123 or RCR123 batteries with a clip. Uses a Cree XR-E Q5 LED in a textured reflector. Built to have thicker walls then the E and L series lights.
2 = 2 battery powered or for the P series, 1 CR123 with a clickie.
3 = For the P series, 2 CR123 powered.
10 = TK10 or LD10 --- TK10 an "improved" version of the T1 with a removable grip ring, aluminum bezel, and removable clip. Performance is not changed --- LD10 "improved version of the L1D, Look at LD to see what improved over the L1D.
11 = TK11, an "improved" version of the TK10 and T1 with a smooth reflector and the ability to accept 18650 batteries.
20 = T20 or LD20 or PD20 --- a 2 AA powered light similar to the other T series but has a neutral white LED instead of a cool white one. Has a smooth reflector, a rubber sleeve on the body tube for grip, and a removable clip. --- LD20, "improved" version of the L2D has body knurling. Look at LD to see what changes were made over the L2D --- PD20, "improved" version of the P2D, Look at PD to see what changed.
30 = PD30, "improved" version of the P3D, look at PD to see what changed.

+ = Special stainless steel run, a small run prototype that Fenix sold
P = "Premium" Luxeon I, V2.0 means 2 modes, Luxeon
S = Two mode (tighten for high, loosen for low) Luxeon I, Type II andodizing
T = Two mode (tighten for high, loosen for low) Luxeon III, V2.0 means Rebel 80, twice the output
D = Digital, Multimode
CE = Cree XR-E LED, newer and at least twice as efficient as the Luxeon I/III LEDs. For the same power, it puts out twice or more output
Rebel 80/100 = Luxeon Rebel 80/100 used, usually has a warmer tint
No designation = Luxeon I or III

If there is a thing after the CE, that is to designate the Bin of the Cree XR-E LED used. Q5 means it uses the Cree XR-E Q5 LED. No designation after the CE means it uses the P3 or P4, depending on date of manufacturing.

The Civictor V1 is a 1 AA twistie with Type II anodizing. There was a multimode stainless steel model made.

There was a special Titanium version of the L0D made. It was called the L0D Ti. There was also a Christmas version(red type II anodizing with Christmas decorations) called the L0D SE. There is also a Q4 version. There is was also a stainless steel version of the LD01.

Pontiaker

Enlightened
Guys thanks for posting this all in one thread. I know when I first started buying Fenix I was kind of overwhelmed with the few lights they sold then...

How about this same thing about Surefire lights? Back when we sold them there was like 3-4 models now it seems like dozens. Would really help me and other if someone wanted to tackle that!
Matt

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow that was excellent Hooked on Fenix and Gunner12 thanks. The letters and numbers got confusing for me over the last day or so overviewing the differences between them.

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened
does the PD20 come with a standard op reflector or is there a choice for OP or SMO

Spence

Enlightened
Hey Gunner and Hooked on Fenix-
Nice work you guys, I'd love to see photos of your collections like HKJ.
I've got a sample collection going but no pics right now.:wave:
The PD20 has an improved OP reflector but its' throw has not suffered, it's pretty damn good. I just bought one and wanted SMO but Fenix is getting away from offering both with this new reflector. If you're concerned about throw (like I am) don't worry about it and go ahead and buy it, you won't be sorry.

Last edited:

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened
The PD20 has an improved OP reflector but its' throw has not suffered, it's pretty damn good. I just bought one and wanted SMO but Fenix is getting away from offering both with this new reflector. If you're concerned about throw (like I am) don't worry about it and go ahead and buy it, you won't be sorry.

that's just what i wanted to hear.lovecpf