There Goes The Neighborhood

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I don't want to start the Creation/Evolution debate again as it tends to get heated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif but all the information should be looked at objectively. You won't get that handed to you anywhere. Everyone has a bias, I admit a Creation based bias now, but I grew up with an evolutionary bias. I outgrew it by looking at both sides and deciding there were way too many holes in the old earth/evolutionary theories.
Plus now I won't argue with God's Word.

Here is some info from--
http://www.answersingenesis.org/
Specific examples of these differences [between chimps humans] include:

1.Humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes while chimpanzees have 24. Evolutionary scientists believe that one of the human chromosomes has been formed through the fusion of two small chromosomes in the chimp instead of an intrinsic difference resulting from a separate creation.
2.At the end of each chromosome is a string of repeating DNA sequences called a telomere. Chimpanzees and other apes have about 23 kilobases (a kilobase is 1,000 base pairs of DNA) of repeats. Humans are unique among primates with much shorter telomeres only 10 kilobases long.7
3.While 18 pairs of chromosomes are 'virtually identical', chromosomes 4, 9 and 12 show evidence of being 'remodeled.'5 In other words, the genes and markers on these chromosomes are not in the same order in the human and chimpanzee. Instead of 'being remodeled' as the evolutionists suggest, these could, logically, also be intrinsic differences because of a separate creation.
4.The Y chromosome in particular is of a different size and has many markers that do not line up between the human and chimpanzee.1
5.Scientists have prepared a human-chimpanzee comparative clone map of chromosome 21 in particular. They observed 'large, non-random regions of difference between the two genomes.' They found a number of regions that 'might correspond to insertions that are specific to the human lineage.'3
6.The size of the chimpanzee genome is 10% greater than the size of the human genome.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Latest posts