I think ive converted a non-believer!

gsxrac

Enlightened
All I can say is its about time! Me and my gf have been together for about a year and for at least the first 3-4 months she would laugh at me every time the whole conversation came up "Why do you allways have to carry 2 flashlights and a gun?"
Well after 6 months or so I found her using my lights when they were laying around or asking to use a light at least 3-4 times a week, then it got to where it was almost every day and finally about a week and a half ago I was looking at Lummi wee's and she said OOOH OOOH I want one! But for now she has officially comindeered my E1 and KL1 head and it has its own "special pocket" in her purse Not to mention I just ordered a new $100 light yesterday and she asked if it was for me or her!?:ohgeez: Not to mention she said she wants to go shooting more often and she found a pink digital camo Walther P22 at the gun show she just HAD to have! I need a third job, anyboldy hiring?

Centropolis

Enlightened
All I can say is its about time! Me and my gf have been together for about a year and for at least the first 3-4 months she would laugh at me every time the whole conversation came up "Why do you allways have to carry 2 flashlights and a gun?"
Well after 6 months or so I found her using my lights when they were laying around or asking to use a light at least 3-4 times a week, then it got to where it was almost every day and finally about a week and a half ago I was looking at Lummi wee's and she said OOOH OOOH I want one! But for now she has officially comindeered my E1 and KL1 head and it has its own "special pocket" in her purse Not to mention I just ordered a new $100 light yesterday and she asked if it was for me or her!?:ohgeez: Not to mention she said she wants to go shooting more often and she found a pink digital camo Walther P22 at the gun show she just HAD to have! I need a third job, anyboldy hiring?

Being a Canadian, I cannot speak for the gun part of the story. Some of you and others on backpacking forums for example, talk about carrying guns like they're cellphones or something. Anyways, back to the flashlights.

I would love to convert my gf to a flashaholic....or atleast to a not where she appreciates it as my hobby.

BTW, I just thought of a great gift idea for your gf. How about getting two Wee Ti and make them into earrings? haha

gsxrac

Enlightened
HAHA shes into piercings too so that could work? I think she likes the look of the ns though so Im leaning that way since considerably cheaper! And she like the idea of carrying it on a necklace of some sort so ill have to find one suitable!

Centropolis

Enlightened
HAHA shes into piercings too so that could work? I think she likes the look of the ns though so Im leaning that way since considerably cheaper! And she like the idea of carrying it on a necklace of some sort so ill have to find one suitable!

Well, as a necklace the NS would work but it'll be too heavy for earrings.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
My brother is home on Spring Break, and one of his friends from school is visiting. He is from India, and I thought he might have a unique perspective on Flashoholicism. I explained to him the international/cooperational nature of CPF, and how neat it is that people from all over the world contribute to the site. Then, after showing him my flashlight collection for the better part of an hour, I realized that I might be conveying the message that Americans are crazy people who spend oodles of money on lights.

However, since he is in a Ph.D. program for Physics, it was neat in that I could explain the technical aspects to him. I think he enjoyed the experience; additionally, while I may not have converted him to a Flashoholic, he *did* ask about a Milkyspit I had sitting around, and how one goes about ordering a custom light. So, you never know who might be converted next; this is a multicultural, multinational, multidisciplinary addiction...:twothumbs...

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
Good job!

training others to learn to appreciate the usefulness of lights. too bad you loose your own in process :(

many people dont seem to realise how much it helps to have a light near by when you actually need one. and when you have it near by you use it all the time.

and many of my friends that originally questioned why i carry a light with me,

just dont seem to realise how many times they actually lend it "for just a moment"
or
how many times i turn it on to help them to see better what they are doing. (world is full of dark closets and places)
and

i am slowly converting and teaching them to carry one or atleast have one near by.

that way they might stop asking me and use their own :)

and what joy it is to see one using a fauxton that i previousy forced them to take "just take and keep it in somewhere, its small and it was cheap, just keep it handy somewhere and trust me you will use it." "oh ohkay , but i wont need it.." and one day they are caught redhanded! hahah me smiling and sayin "told you so"

or better carry a light.. any light, even dim old incan, on them when previously they thought that it makes no sense to carry one :)

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just recently converted a fellow workwate. I work nights at my local airport, so we are "issued" 2AA incan MiniMags. Me being the flashoholic that I am, carry many of my lights with me at work. My workmate had his eye on my DBS, so I've let him carry for the past couple weeks while we are at work. On Tuesday I got my MC-E upgrade for the DBS, so I have been carrying it with me at night. Well he got so attached to the using the DBS, since I wouldn't let him use the last few days he deceided to order one of his own! :grin2: I'm so proud that I finally converted him, I feel like a proud father. He cannot wait for HIS light to get here.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
My baby sister attends the SUNY up there. :wave:

What is your friend going to run the light off of, primaries or secondaries?

Daekar

Enlightened
No knife?:thinking:

That's what I thought! I've always got at least one gun if not two, two lights, a leatherman, a small knife, a lighter, and a pen, not to mention my wallet, keys, and sometimes a phone. People are weird if they think you're lugging around too much, especially if it's coming from a woman with a large purse. Pot calling the kettle black, if you know what I mean...

gsxrac

Enlightened
Haha well I do EDC a Kershaw Junkyard dog, Springfield XD45 service model, M20 premium, photon, keys, wallet, "indestructible" Cell phone, lighter, Ipod Touch, and whatever else I feel the need to carry that day. And that doesnt include the backpack full of stuff that goes everywhere with me!

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Haha well I do EDC a Kershaw Junkyard dog, Springfield XD45 service model, M20 premium, photon, keys, wallet, "indestructible" Cell phone, lighter, Ipod Touch, and whatever else I feel the need to carry that day. And that doesnt include the backpack full of stuff that goes everywhere with me!
I assumed as much! If you've got a handgun and two lights you've definitely got lots more of the normal stuff.

Last year I gave my friend an L0D for those just-in-case moments but his wife figured that if she needed light, she'd just ask for his. Well this year she felt the same, until she saw the Arc-P! Two more converts! :whistle:

gsxrac

Enlightened
Yea Ive been carrying a knife ever since 11th grade. I used to allways have teachers asking to borrow my knife and just about everybody I know carries a kife so that isnt really concidered out of the norm. lol. Now my backpack on the other hand I keep all kinds of batteries, my laptop and charger, my Nuvi, glo-toob lithium, mechanix gloves, extra t-shirt, extra clip, gift cards, a few tools, usually a DVOM, and...all depends on the day or where im going?

Last edited:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
damn, dude.
If I brought a knife to school = instant suspension + recommendation for expulsion..
seriously.

gsxrac

Enlightened
Same at my school but Icarried my Kershaw blackout and another black kershaw tanto (dont remember the model?) clipped to my pocket just about every day lol

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast

cool stuff man, check out La Petite Killers think she might really like those.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
My baby sister attends the SUNY up there. :wave:

What is your friend going to run the light off of, primaries or secondaries?

The used DBS has a 3SD pill in it, so he will be running rechargable 18650's. I have explained all the safety issues reguarding li-ion cells to him, and he will be ordering protected cells.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
gsxrac, that is a great story! Consider yourself a lucky man as all I get are eyes rolling when I mention lights.

Still, I think I did a passive conversion when I went camping with my buddy and his wife and they complained about his 4D m*glite. So, I sold them an older P3D CE for cheap (for him) which his wife promptly took over. :D So, I ended up offering my JetBean MkIIR since his wife wanted a 'small light' to carry in her purse. He liked the look and he also told me they have tons of AA's around the house so I just gave them the JB since he's a good friend. Anyway, I think they are hooked. :whistle::devil:

As for small Ti light, how about something bigger than the Petite Killers... say, a AAA light such as PhotonFanatic's AAA Ti Killers? Unfortunately, I don't know of any other small Ti lights... Would she be willing to go stainless steel? Also, quite flashy and some bling factor there... Let us know what you end up getting!