Solarforce L2M (Tactical Assault)

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys, it's kind of slow whilst we're waiting for some great things to be released :whistle:, so allow me to share my latest purchase (not so much a review), the Solarforce L2M. Pls excuse the blurry phone cam images.
I picked this tactical assault set up over the standard because I already have the regular version for my L2 R2. So here's some quick pics.

img0005an.jpg

When it arrived, it came pack like this... :ohgeez:
I'm not sure if they're trying to test the HA for its durability by having the standard bezel inserted besides the body, but boy was I surprised, there're no scratches. :huh: Sadly,the light does not work with this tactical switch as it's meant for the L2 body, meaning the threading is not long enough to reach the switch contact. So I have to insert washers within to make it work.

img0009a.jpg

Choice of extreme assault bezel or the standard bezel.

p1000285a.jpg

Here's a size comparison with L2 R2.

All in all, L2M has the same excellent quality as the L2 R2 and parts are interchangeable, so I'm happy with it :party: And to sweeten things up, it has beaten my brightest 1xCR123, C2H, in terms of spill and throw.

Seiko

Newly Enlightened
Ive seen them on ebay $44 think its the lm2 that I searched for and found them.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
They import them from the Klingon home planet (Chronos?) at a very low low price now that their economy is also in the tank and they need more money for that good Romulan Ale.

Lighthound has the head as an accessory you can add to any L2 host you already have in case you have to fend off said Klingons when they get drunk and rowdy. :nana:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
delete. Double posts.

Last edited:

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one coming, do you find the L2M to be pocketable for EDC (not with the crazy assault bezel obviously)? It looks a bit big for a CR123 size light but it might still be good to go, otherwise I may just order a P2D body for my L2D. But I'd really love to use the L2M because of the warm Q2 and MC-E drop ins I will have.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one coming, do you find the L2M to be pocketable for EDC (not with the crazy assault bezel obviously)? It looks a bit big for a CR123 size light but it might still be good to go, otherwise I may just order a P2D body for my L2D. But I'd really love to use the L2M because of the warm Q2 and MC-E drop ins I will have.

For any light to be my pocket EDC, size and weight are important to me, having this 1" taller than D10 with a 1.2" bezel diameter is a bit too big and heavy for comfort carrying (see below). So for now, I still prefer my EX10 or Raw as my pocket EDC. Holstering it would be ideal, IMO. But I'm not a holster person, so L2M will be good as my backup. I like L2M because of the drop-in options too.

img0015a.jpg

But having said that, it might be pocketable to others, especially the bigger people :D

Last edited:

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
But having said that, it might be pocketable to others, especially the bigger people :D

Thanks for that. Looks like it'll be a good "jacket carry" light. Could work well with my E01 in pants pocket for low lumen needs and my Q2 5A or MCE drop-in for serious business in the jacket pocket.

I've also got the 18650 body and an extension coming in, gonna have some real fun legoing this thing.

Last edited:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did Solarforce ship the L2m with the large size tactical tailcap that doesn't work without washers? It looks from the packaging that they did??? Surprising.

I just picked up an L2m grey (with std bezel and small, flush-sized tail-cap) and I'm going to see if I can install a Fenix fwd clicky switch into the Solarforce tailcap.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well... my technical knowledge is exceeded by my ambition. I couldn't figure out how to replace the Solarforce switch with the Fenix switch... no "drop-in" approach worked. Back to the original reverse clicky for me, for now anyway.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did Solarforce ship the L2m with the large size tactical tailcap that doesn't work without washers? It looks from the packaging that they did??? Surprising.

I just picked up an L2m grey (with std bezel and small, flush-sized tail-cap) and I'm going to see if I can install a Fenix fwd clicky switch into the Solarforce tailcap.

Yes they did. Informed the dealer and they promptly send me another switch, which I hope it's the standard or I'm going to call them stupid :twak:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does that forward clicky feel in comparison to say, a mag clicky or a surefire?

Takes some getting use to. Because they made it "tactical", ie very silent in clicking probably an advantage in real tactical situations, some users hate that because it doesn't give them a solid tactile feedback like Surefire's. But I personally think it's not a big deal as it works reliably.

Edit: I've just received a forward clicky from my dealer to replace the original forward clicky that does not work on my L2M. It is of the same design but it seems the boot is flushed for tailstanding. I'll try it out later and let you guys know if this is actually the correct forward clicky that works on L2M.

Last edited:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zeruel... I have one of the Solarforce forward clickies like you show in post #1 and while it's big, and does take a little getting used to... I do like it. Now, if Solarforce would just make a forward clickie tailcap like Surefire's Z59, WOW. In the meantime, there is always the Z59, expensive though it is.

I have a few of the new L2 and L2m flashlights in the silver-grey color and I totally love these lights... $28 for complete lights, shipping included, from solarforcestore.com is incredible... all I'm yearning for now is forward clickies w/momentary to match!

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zeruel... I have one of the Solarforce forward clickies like you show in post #1 and while it's big, and does take a little getting used to... I do like it. Now, if Solarforce would just make a forward clickie tailcap like Surefire's Z59, WOW. In the meantime, there is always the Z59, expensive though it is.

I have a few of the new L2 and L2m flashlights in the silver-grey color and I totally love these lights... $28 for complete lights, shipping included, from solarforcestore.com is incredible... all I'm yearning for now is forward clickies w/momentary to match!

I like them too. Affordable and good quality. This defies the law of you-pay-for-what-you-get, IMO.

The forward clickie posted above has momentary. So is the other one I received from the dealer, as shown here side-by-side with the original.

img0001p.jpg

The only problem as I mentioned is to find means to make the body reach the switch contact. Glad that's solved for me to enjoy these lights.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I have both of those tailcaps and while they're nice, they're pretty chunky and I still prefer the Surefire Z59, which only comes in black (so a black L2 is the best for that pairing if the finish matters). I understand that the newer L2m has/will have a longer body to contact the Surefire tail cap properly.

I am blown away at how nice the new L2's (6P clone) and L2m's (3P clone) are. And I sure love the new silver-grey finish option!

Latest posts