MTE SSC P7-D doesnt work

Art

Enlightened
Well, after 2 months waiting for the light to come from DX it arrived yesterday... forgot it at work so only tested it today.
Just put a fresh 18650 in and.. nothing.

I remember there was some problems with this lights that had to be solved... but I cant find it here. :mecry:

Help.

Regards

FlashlightsNgear.com

→Formerly d1live←, Flashaholic
Ive heard way too much about these OVER-Seas dealers selling junk to even want anything from them, Ive now even sworn off Canadian dealers because of customs holding up orders. I really wanted a MTE P7 or MC-E light next but now will hold off awhile and maybe get a Fenix TK-40 instead from 4sevens ofcourse. Sorry to hear about that light not working but someone in these forums can surely guide you in the right direction in fixing it.

yalskey

Enlightened
Welcome to the club. Mine worked for all of 3 minutes (if that) before it broke. Cheap crap. I'll never waste my money on that kind of junk again.

Anyone want a defective MTE P7? It's just $10 but I'll need about 3 months to ship it to you!

/sarcasm

Art

Enlightened
Its working!

Cleaned all the light with some eletronics spray and its working... only thing I can say is "where are the 900lumens?" its not that much brighter then my Led Lenser P7.

Still from outside it looks like a quality light...

So the problem was something on the contacts on the bottom of the light.

BTW this is a 5 mode light so its med-low-high-strobe-sos ?

Another thing is that I bought it for 47 dollars when it arrived yesterday it was at 37 dollars ...

Regards

FlashlightsNgear.com

→Formerly d1live←, Flashaholic
Welcome to the club. Mine worked for all of 3 minutes (if that) before it broke. Cheap crap. I'll never waste my money on that kind of junk again.

Anyone want a defective MTE P7? It's just $10 but I'll need about 3 months to ship it to you!

/sarcasm
Cant you fix these lights somehow? Alot mods out, should be good for parts or a host for another LED. BTW I AM NOT a expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Art

Enlightened
I just put it side by side with my NDI in li-ions... if the NDI is 130lumens then the MTE is like 200!
Some ppl say the NDI is 180lumens with li-ions.. if that is ok then the MTE is a max of 300lumens.

How can I check if it is runing the 2.8amps it should?

Regards

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
My MTE P7-D is very bright. Probably 600 lumens for real. I have the 5 mode version too. Hit or miss I guess. Mine acts up when the battery is half drained...but works fine on a fairly fresh battery.

Art

Enlightened
My MTE P7-D is very bright. Probably 600 lumens for real. I have the 5 mode version too. Hit or miss I guess. Mine acts up when the battery is half drained...but works fine on a fairly fresh battery.

Mine just stared to jump modes now and then... is that what happens to you?

About the lumens , I just tested it outside and its better then my first "review".

I will make next week a review of all the lights I use ... LL P7 , MTE P7D, NDI , D10 and L0D.

I already made some beam shots and the most impressive was the L0D on 10440 :huh: its nearlly the same as a NDI with 14500.

Regards

Art

Enlightened
Its still working lol

Still jumps modes now and then , looks like the switch is the fault part here.
Not a light I can relay like the NDI but still nice flood of light it makes ;)

The PWM is not noticeble like the L0D .

jslappa

Enlightened
After being content with my Streamlight NF-2 for quite some time, I decided that I wanted to try an LED light next. After some research, I saw that the CREE MC-E had a quad-led platform capable of 700 lumens, so I decided to try out the MTE M3-2. Overall, it works flawlessly. I had to clean out some metal shavings and lube the threads. (Thanks to you other posters here for that tip)

With AW's protected 18650, I MIGHT be pulling 350-500 lumens. My question MC-E better than the Seoul Semiconductor P7?

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
and when one types that - when someone asks for info about those lights - one gets accused and flamed ...
thats why I stopped to type about them.
Some tips to the better makers like Fenix and Jetbeam and ... nothing else
(always wonder how ppl think they can get SF quality for a price that not even covers the housing costs alone)

PS: still all the DX offerings are great for what they are: nice, cheap hosts!
If they fail, use them for exactly that.

peteybaby

Newly Enlightened
I got my MTE M3-2 about a week ago, and I like it a lot. I too had strange accidental turn-ons and turn-offs, and weird modes, so I blew out some metal shavings and cleaned up the crud, and since I did that, the light has been working perfectly. I've whacked it against my hand in all kinds of ways (bruising my hand) and nothing happens. Before, just setting it down on my desk made it flicker or turn on.

Yalskey, what broke on your light? Just curious.

At first, I also thought that the light output wasn't that great, but I think it's because the brightness isn't hugely more than a Q5 light's brightness (maybe less bright than some Q5 throwers). Rather, it's the size of the spot that's bigger with the MTE MC-E and P7 lights. To me, a big spot is way more useful than long throw.

I was told by MTE directly that the P7-D's spot is bigger than the M3-2's spot. I wanted a good balance of throw and spot size so I chose the M3-2, thinking that any 4-chip LED in a smallish reflector would have a fairly big spot anyway. I'm happy with it, although I'm very curious to see side-by-side beamshots of the two.

Pontiaker

Enlightened
I have an early version single mode and its bright! I got it used and it works fine. Iam currently running two primary 123's in it. I ordered another newer version with the two mode driver, hope it works as good as my first one!

Mine is the P7 version and its just a hair ringy, not the best beam pattern but it still has some awesome throw.

Last edited:

jslappa

Enlightened
and when one types that - when someone asks for info about those lights - one gets accused and flamed ...

As a newb in this arena, I am really just trying to determine the best flashlight for the money. I am not ready to buy 30 different lights (yet), but I can see that I should at least have a thrower and a flood light. I just ran out and picked up 2 new Surefire 6Ps from my favorite gun shop. SUrefire said that the 6P and 6P LED are the same, less the light module, so I can pick up a Malkoff M60 with the money saved! After reading TONS of posts, Malkoff is my next stop. First the M60, then hopefully Malkoff can make a custom M60 MC-E with the abillity to run DD on an AW 18650.

leefong

Newly Enlightened
:sick:Hi,I heard sth about the mteccd.
In China,a lot of companys use their brand without their permission,and the quality is terrible.
I bought flashlights only from [email protected] which is the email address of mteccd company.
My flashlight have been used 6-7 years without any problem.And the quarlity is very good.They offer permanent warranty service.:twothumbs
Well, after 2 months waiting for the light to come from DX it arrived yesterday... forgot it at work so only tested it today.
Just put a fresh 18650 in and.. nothing.

I remember there was some problems with this lights that had to be solved... but I cant find it here. :mecry:

Help.

Regards

Art

Enlightened
Hope you dont wait 2months for it lol

Its a nice light for the price , the only thing I dont like it is that on a freashly charged 18650 if you go into high mode it will get to hot to have it on your hand.

Regards,

peteybaby

Newly Enlightened
Does the MTE P7-D get hotter than the M3-2? I haven't left my M3-2 on high for more than a few minutes at a time, but it didn't get very warm when I did that.

The L0D/LD01 with a 10440... now that gets warm very quickly.

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope you dont wait 2months for it lol

Its a nice light for the price , the only thing I dont like it is that on a freashly charged 18650 if you go into high mode it will get to hot to have it on your hand.

Regards,

2 Months , yeah , DX is great ! :hitit:

Ive still got stuff on order - One Month so far . :popcorn: