Just ordered a Dereelight DBS

PsychoBunny

Enlightened
Hey guys, I just ordered a DBS from their website.
I also ordered the R2 upgrade.

While I'm waiting for my DEFT from OMG, I need a thrower :)

If anyone is familiar with ordering from their website, and lives
in the US, I am wondering how long will it take for delivery?
If you have ordered, how long did it take?

Right after I Paypal'd the $$, I found out that there is a US
distributor!! :eek: RATS!!

Another question, how do you correctly pronounce "Dereelight"? :confused:

I'm thinking, "deary-light"!!??

litework

Newly Enlightened

It takes a good week. I've ordered two from Dereelight and they do take a little while to get here. By now, you should have a tracking number. The good news is you will get a package with a lot of interesting markings as it makes its journey here. Mine was delayed a little longer because it required a signature, so I actually had to go to the post office to get it.

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe Flashcrazy can tell us how to pronounce it?
crackup.gif
crackup.gif
crackup.gif

HEDP

Enlightened

Does anyone know what the lumen level is for the Dereelight DBS V3 and V2 are?

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
I've always pronounced it "d-ree-light".

As far as lumens......Maybe WBP can help with his IS.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
HEDP, the V2 and V3 are essentially the same except that the V3 uses a different switch (just different construction, same operation), and it's about 1/4" shorter than the V2. As far as lumens go, it depends on the pill installed. The 5A Q3 is a bit over 200 out-the-front lumens, the Q5 is about 225+, and the R2 is about 240+.

The correct pronunciation is Deh-ray-light, but I prefer to pronounce it Deh-ree-light. :) Maybe I can talk them into making a version with white spots on it, then it'd be a DairyLight! :lolsign:

Last edited:

HEDP

Enlightened
HEDP, the V2 and V3 are essentially the same except that the V3 uses a different switch (just different construction, same operation), and it's about 1/4" shorter than the V2. As far as lumens go, it depends on the pill installed. The 5A Q3 is a bit over 200 out-the-front lumens, the Q5 is about 225+, and the R2 is about 240+.

The correct pronunciation is Deh-ray-light, but I prefer to pronounce it Deh-ree-light. :) Maybe I can talk them into making a version with white spots on it, then it'd be a DairyLight! :lolsign:

Thanks.

After ordering my MRV SK v1.1, I'm sort of regretting it and wishing I ordered a Dereelight. Even though I haven't even received my MRV SK yet.

Does the Dereelight have multiple brightness levels like the MRV SK?

jblackwood

Enlightened
Thanks.

After ordering my MRV SK v1.1, I'm sort of regretting it and wishing I ordered a Dereelight. Even though I haven't even received my MRV SK yet.

Does the Dereelight have multiple brightness levels like the MRV SK?

That depends on the pill. If you get a 3SM (for use with more than one cell) or a 3SD (for use with only one battery like an 18650) you've got three stages. A 1SM or 1S pill has only one setting, maximum brightness.

So Flashcrazy, is it de-REE-light with the emphasis on the second syllable? That's how I've always said it but it's kinda funny since it feels French.

jblackwood

Enlightened

It's safe to say you'll be getting your DBS way before I get my DEFT! (hi neighbor!) :shakehead My CL1H took 3 weeks to get to FL and in the meantime I got tired of waiting and ordered my first DBS from Flashcrazy. I'm glad to hear that some people get it as quickly as a week. I've waited over 3 weeks for packages from Kaidomain, Merkhava, and Dereelights. Maybe it's because Florida has other procedures and hoops? Who knows? The only guy who seems to find a way to get his packages to me quickly is AW. But once, one of his packages took 2 weeks. This wasn't even during the holidays . . . an AW package came in about a week during the first weeks of January!

Last edited:

Firehawk1227

Newly Enlightened
Yup, theres an option for 3 levels of light as well as a 1 level light for "tactical" use.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
So Flashcrazy, is it de-REE-light with the emphasis on the second syllable? That's how I've always said it but it's kinda funny since it feels French.

Yep, emphasis on the second syllable. I say it like "Da-reelight"... just like "Da plane!! Da plane!!", for those of you old enough to remember that tv show. :)

Firehawk1227

Newly Enlightened
Yep, emphasis on the second syllable. I say it like "Da-reelight"... just like "Da plane!! Da plane!!", for those of you old enough to remember that tv show. :)

Was that with the midget? Forgot the name of the show..2 generations before me..lol

Think it was imagination land?
shrug.gif

Last edited:

callmaster

Enlightened
Mine took 3 days to arrive. But it was coming from HK and Im close. I prefer the 3SM mode, I like more options.

PsychoBunny

Enlightened
It takes a good week. I've ordered two from Dereelight and they do take a little while to get here. By now, you should have a tracking number. The good news is you will get a package with a lot of interesting markings as it makes its journey here. Mine was delayed a little longer because it required a signature, so I actually had to go to the post office to get it.

Err, no, I havent gotten any tracking number, should I be concerned?

I hate to wait!! :drool:

PsychoBunny

Enlightened
I still like "DairyLight"!! :eek: :duh2:

Has anyone actually said this word out loud to anyone?

You know, like so many words we see all the time on the internet,
and never have to actually say. You know you wont be asking the
guy at Home Depot if he has any "DairyLights"! He would probably
show you a lantern and say you can milk cows just fine with this
light. :)