Photon Rex.

Rocketfish

Newly Enlightened
What's the deal? I can't find one anywhere, I was originally hoping to buy one in Canada to avoid duties and such, but I broadened my search and found they aren't available anywhere, some kind of issue and recall or something?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Are they out of stock at the places you've looked? Plenty of sites sell them in the US. CFRlights, Brightguy, Battery Junction to name a few. No recalls that I know about. Good choice. It's a nice little light.

Geoff

oregon

Enlightened
They sold out.

Per Photon: Back-Ordered (ETA: 3/10/09)

One button to find them and in the darkness bind them.

oregon

Rocketfish

Newly Enlightened
In stock at CFR for $19.95. Not sure their policy on international shipping.
They aren't:(
nowhere in Canada had them, I couldn't find a US seller with them in stock(incl batt junction, CR
that was the first place I tried. Everywhere is the same story, either backordered, or some lights are NFG out of the box, and so were returned, waiting for new shipments with unknown ETA.

Marduke

Flashaholic
They aren't:(
nowhere in Canada had them, I couldn't find a US seller with them in stock(incl batt junction, CR
that was the first place I tried. Everywhere is the same story, either backordered, or some lights are NFG out of the box, and so were returned, waiting for new shipments with unknown ETA.

Well, it shows "in stock" on the website...

Rocketfish

Newly Enlightened
Turns out CFR lights is seriously Awesome!
Since I ordered it as part of a larger order, he's shipping me the other lights now, and will ship the Rex without charging me for shipping when it arrives.
I know where I'll be ordering from again:)

I have to admit I would like to buy another one, but the fact that it seems like some of the lights are having problems straight out of the box, I'm happy to wait for him to get in a new shipment of ones without issues, rather then buy somewhere else and have to pay to ship it back when it doesn't work.

Thanks for the links though, lots of cool shiny toys there.

gorn

Enlightened
I ordered one from Battery Junction a couple of weeks ago. They showed in stock. Several days later I got an email saying they were out of stock but would be back in stock in a few days. Several days later I got a new email telling me they would be out of stock for a month or so.

Looks to me that if you find a place with them in stock you should probably order it right away.