SureFire M2 Mod to Multi Stage light???

Qbreitling

Newly Enlightened
Hi all.

Been lurking around here for quite a while, WOW, quite a bit of info to absorb. I'm specifically interested in the M2 Surefire mod, please send me to the right place if this is not it.

Love the M2. Hate its output...What i mean is it either "blindingly bright" or "no light".

Gentlemen, can we bring the M2 up to date? can we turn these combat, tactical M2 into bad-*** civilian lights with useful, multistage outputs?

I especially enjoy the many useful levels of light from my Nitecore D10 and D20. Can the Surefire M2 be mod to function as a multi stage light?

Can it be done? What are your thoughts? Any suggestion?

Last edited:

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made a tailcap that's high low with tailstanding capability. You can unscrew the module and place it in your surefire tailcap housing. If you want it PM me.

It is reverse clicky with 22 ohm resistance for the low mode. Oh yeah, the housing is black.

Qbreitling

Newly Enlightened
Buy a multi stage dropin with the proper ring from malkoff devices. Simple as that.

Sorry for the stupid follow up questions:
1) is the multi stage dropin includes the led lamp and the controller?
2) what is a proper ring?

Please elaborate...

Qbreitling

Newly Enlightened
I made a tailcap that's high low with tailstanding capability. You can unscrew the module and place it in your surefire tailcap housing. If you want it PM me.

It is reverse clicky with 22 ohm resistance for the low mode. Oh yeah, the housing is black.

The M2 is a gift from my dad, i would like to keep it original. But your tailcap sounds like a great and simple mod for multi stage.Thanks for the reply

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen LED dropins fit in the M2 with no trouble at all. No adapter ring needed.

For Malkoff Devices the ring is here.

If you look around the site you can also find their line of reasonably high end dropins, everything I heard from them is praise.

DX, while I don't particulairy care much for what they sell in general does have this which is a multimode dropin. Just drop it in and I believe mode changes by cycling the light on and off.