I forgot my EDC light and I felt handicapped

ruriimasu

Enlightened
I forgot my D10 today and almost wanted to rush back home to retrieve it.. but I finally dropped the idea. Though I have a Wee around my neck, I still dont feel good not having my main EDC light with me... even though I dont really have any use for lights in my regular days. How many of you feel this way? :thinking:

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same, it's sort of the same feeling when I accidentally leave my wallet at home but not enough for a turn around. Generally speaking I don't need it, but it really sucks when you do and it's not there.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Completely understand the feeling. I seem to recall a time where I came up with some other reason to run home at lunch, but it was really just to get my light. And, I'm sure I had two or three others in the car. :shakehead

Geoff

nosuchagency

Newly Enlightened
as far as i'm concerned, considerably more aggravating than forgetting your watch (i can handle glancing at the back of my wrist all day). fwiw, my novatac has a spot next to the alarm clock on my nightstand - first thing in my pocket; last thing out of it. ymmv...

seaside

Enlightened
Too bad. I feel the same way too.

But in the other hand... Time to buy a brand new one!

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Out of all the things I EDC, my flashlight gets left behind the least. But the few times I have forgot one provoked the same feelings you felt. My light is always the first thing I put in my pocket for the day.

ackbar

Enlightened
I know how you feel. I always feel that way when it happens. I can't remember when the last time it did tho.:D

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can relate!

I now know what a smoker experiences when they can't light up. I lost my Arc GS AAA hiking and I was almost paralyzed even though I had a Arc6 in my main pack.

I sleep with my Aeon or Arc AAA next to me. When traveling I sleep with them on a neck lanyard.

I've got it bad...

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
Yep, forgot mine too :ohgeez: and kept thinking about it, the bad part about it is I have a Sure Fire, Rogue 1, SL Microstream, Proton Pro, in my Maxpedition as well as an EO1 on the keychain and still felt Naked. :whistle:

Bill

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
as long as i dont notice its missing im good..
when i do notice..i fret.

but only a bit.

priority:
1.wallet: i need to turn back most times.. when i leave i normally indend to go market/shop/gastation/foodjoint anyways on same trip. (if the coins in car are enough to buy what i want, i keep on going)

2.cellphone: i am not attached to it. can live without one.. i do miss it constantly (as its my clock! hahha)
-regular point of no return 2miles.
turn back anyways if i go more than 5 miles from home or friends houses and will be gone longer than 3 hours.

3.flashlight: im ok with backup or take one of those that are in my car etc.. and go along without serious difficulties. (without one near by i would feel, not naked but "odd" and "incomplete")

4.knife: not neccessary.. i can go on without one on me still. only really notice it missing when i need it.. or semi need it.. or need to play with it for fun and its not there! hahh
(knives are illegal to carry here anyways)

callmaster

Enlightened
I have my wallet, keys, 2 flashlights, cellphone and my zippo. If I forget one of those things, I feel rather vulnerable and I find myself going back for whatever I've forgotten.

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know that feeling.:oops:

I suppose the worst thing, from a practical perspective, for me to leave behind would be my N810 handheld computer, but the one I'd feel most naked without is some knife, preferably my Gerber multi-tool and one of my lockbacks, with some flashlight (not coin cell), preferably an Akoray, close behind, and keys, N810, and cell phone (I need it as a data modem for the N810) right behind that.

Crescent wrenches, cash-wad, lighter (not a smoker, just a pyromaniac :p), and all my other lights and knives/multitools definitely make me wish I'd remembered them, but don't give me that naked feeling at all if I've got the top few.

Wallet? Not even close! (Then again, I cycle, so I don't need to keep a driver's license on me, and I keep enough reserve cash to get me out of any tight spot in each of various pockets.)

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I definitely know how you feel. You just feel naked without your EDC light--even if it's 1:00 in the afternoon and you know you will be back before dark :laughing:

Bradlee

Enlightened
I too feel uneasy if I leave my light, knife or wallet behind even though I rarely use them. The inevitable "what if" scenarios start running though my mind :eek:oo:.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I know how you feel. I always feel that way when it happens. I can't remember when the last time it did tho.:D

Same for me.
grinser2.gif
It is such an unpleasant feeling not to be carrying a light, but it has been a very long time since I ever went anywhere without one! I always carry a very powerful EDC such as my Olight Titanium Infinitum, 4 watt 83 lumen LED Lenser, or my Dorcy 220 lumen.

Latest posts