Does anybody know what is inside an EverLED?

zmoz

Enlightened
Has anybody been curious enough yet to find out what is inside of an EverLED? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I would really like to know...although it's not worth the price tag to take it apart for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somebody here has got to have stuck some crazy number of cells, like 24 AAs into one or something and exploded the darn thing...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, if someone could donate it to me, I could strip it naked like my micropuck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

No lights get harmed here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Vince.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it possible that the inside is somewhat like the micropuck but with higher voltage allowed? The puck fits inside the flange cap and I use this to mod my ordinary, yellowish flange bulb.
just a thought

LED_ASAP

Enlightened
No, the micropuck is boost-only but the everled is boost-buck so it can take up much wider voltage range---from 2.4V to 7.2V, unlike the <=3.5V for micropuck.

zmoz

Enlightened
If anybody is interested I can get you a "green" everled for $23...but you have to agree to take it apart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will do it for a "white" one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Can't promise much. If they use the same soft epoxy like micropuck, it's easy, any experience archeologist can do it. If it's as hard as the ARCAAA epoxy, it's near impossible unless I bring it for an x-ray.

Vince.