Major cosmetic change to theLIGHTsite!

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very polished... what a handsome website! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(The info ain't too bad neither) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
looks nice! might take a little getting used to...but i'll manage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

congratulations on adding a new affiliate! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif i hope fred works out well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Doug,

I think it looks both "professional and distinctive."

I must admit that I have never paid that much attention to how your site looks. I spend all of my time trying to absorb the information on your site. I think it is a top notch site for review information on flashlights (and head lamps). My criteria is that a site should not get into your face, but should let you find the information you need, easily. Your site qualifies. With that said, I think the improvements are just that - improvements.

Tom

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Fred's cool!!!
I'm gonna have to pick me up one of those for headlamps, since I don't photograph so well since coming out of the hospital. Let's just say I don't like having my picture taken anymore.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice. Like you said, looks more profesional. definitely worth the efforts. What is Fred doing there? Trying new headlamps? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, All! I'll be making a few more changes - buttons, and perhaps some of the layout. Fred says "Hi!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Craig, I got the foam head from a company that supplies them for museums and history buffs for displaying old uniforms. Searching the web for "Foam head" will only return a few places that sell them.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking good!

I dod notice something I hadn`t before - namely where you`ve put your Nedstat thingy. It seems from where it is that it`s reading a lot of false hits arising from people visiting the site, looking in a category then returning to the homepage by clicking the home link, which notches up another hit even though it`s the same person. I looked at the referrers and over 40 of the last 100 hits came from internal pages.

Just a little suggestion, but it would maybe be better to put it on the enter-here/index page, that way it`ll just read the individual visitors and not multiple hits per person, giving a more accurate count. And even if half the current hits are multiples from the same person, you`re still doing better than I am! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

But other than that, I like it! The colour scheme is distinctive and classy-looking too. A great site just got a little bit better....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif