• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SPF: P7 KL4 on L4 body FINAL PRICE DROP

foxtrot824

Enlightened
I just picked up a P7 modded KL4 head and have decided it's not right for me. My E1B just has more of the throw I'm looking for and while the insane amount of light that comes of of this thing is great it's not the throw I'm looking for. The body is in good condition and the head is pretty good but has some dings on the flutes and is generally worn. The centering is pretty good but not perfect. The head is not sealed so if you wanted to replace the emitter with an MC E it would be easy. The driver is stock to the best of my knowledge. I am looking for $175 $165 $150 shipped to the states, out of the US please ask for a quote. I am also open to some trades, currently looking for a stock KL4 and single cell body. Please PM with any questions of offers.

***I"LL BE OUT IF TOWN UNTIL MARCH 17TH AND UNABLE TO REPLY TO PMs***

Last edited:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: P7 KL4 on L4 body

Does this light run on primeries or just rechargeables? Runtime?
I'll chime in here with a few words.

This is a DaFABRICATA mod that I had performed late last year. Actually, it was my favorite go-to light for around the house stuff until I dropped it and dinged the tailcap, which is why I sold it to foxtrot (the KL4 had little dings when I bought it so they didn't bother me, but the one I caused is what pushed me over the edge :ohgeez:). So me being a self-proclaimed perfectionist, I sold it. I wish I still had pics to help out with the sale but they've long since been deleted from photobucket.

Emitter is a CSXOI; I opted for the C-bin for two reasons: 1) it was cheaper, and 2) the stock driver can't push the P7 to full spec anyway. Runs on primaries only, though I suppose you could use a single 17670 too, but output would be slightly less. I have no idea on runtime as I never did a full test, but I will say that the head becomes noticeably warm after 5 minutes. Oddly enough, despite the warmth I never noticed any shift in the tint, which in my estimation would be classified as greenish-white neutral.

When I sold it, the body was perfect without a blemish, the tailcap had one ding on the end which barely broke through the anodization, and the head itself had the slightest of dings around the perimeter but nothing serious. foxtrot is making it sound worse than it really is, but I certainly appreciate his honesty as that's how I am too :thumbsup:

To get a better idea of what this is, refer to DaFABRICATA's original thread here.

I'd buy this immediately if I had the cash, it's a very useful light with a certain amount of 'wow' factor too.

foxtrot824

Enlightened

[/quote]I'll chime in here with a few words.

This is a DaFABRICATA mod that I had performed late last year. Actually, it was my favorite go-to light for around the house stuff until I dropped it and dinged the tailcap, which is why I sold it to foxtrot (the KL4 had little dings when I bought it so they didn't bother me, but the one I caused is what pushed me over the edge :ohgeez:). So me being a self-proclaimed perfectionist, I sold it. I wish I still had pics to help out with the sale but they've long since been deleted from photobucket.

Emitter is a CSXOI; I opted for the C-bin for two reasons: 1) it was cheaper, and 2) the stock driver can't push the P7 to full spec anyway. Runs on primaries only, though I suppose you could use a single 17670 too, but output would be slightly less. I have no idea on runtime as I never did a full test, but I will say that the head becomes noticeably warm after 5 minutes. Oddly enough, despite the warmth I never noticed any shift in the tint, which in my estimation would be classified as greenish-white neutral.

When I sold it, the body was perfect without a blemish, the tailcap had one ding on the end which barely broke through the anodization, and the head itself had the slightest of dings around the perimeter but nothing serious. foxtrot is making it sound worse than it really is, but I certainly appreciate his honesty as that's how I am too :thumbsup:

To get a better idea of what this is, refer to DaFABRICATA's original thread here.

I'd buy this immediately if I had the cash, it's a very useful light with a certain amount of 'wow' factor too.[/quote]

Thanks for the useful info. DaFABRICATA's original thread has some good pictures. Thanks for the bump Brighterisbetter

camaro09

Enlightened

I know this is prob a stupid question... its late.

Is this light just one stage (Bright and off)?

foxtrot824

Enlightened

It's a fair question. Off and bright (to put it in your words :) ) are the settings

1996alnl

Enlightened

foxtrot i wouldn't sell that light if i were you.
I too did a DeFabricata mod on my L4 and i love it. I did this mod with the intension of making a brighter wall of light not a thrower. And boy is it brighter,runs longer,cooler and with a 17670 cell.
It's a great close range light (beam will illuminate EVERYTHING within 75-100ft) with no "+" or "o" in the beam.
It's my EDC now.

foxtrot824

Enlightened

Thanks for the link cruisemissile, I'll check them out. Currently my flashlight budget is kind of tight so I'm trying to sell the old before buying the new. Thanks for the warning 1996alnl but for the time being I'm going to part with this P7 KL4.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey foxtrot824,

Nice light ya got there!
These KL4-P7's are some of my favorites.
I personally have 3 and even though they are all the same, I can't bring myself to part with them.
It really does give new life to the dated KL4.

Good luck with your sale, for that price I can't believe it's still here!!