• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Extreme III. ALL SOLD!

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have up for sale 20pcs that have lingered for some time in a box from broken promises of people claiming to send payment in a week or on payday and its been a long time since I've heard back and decided to sell these off. I need to mention that each light is thoroughly tested and burned in for an hour before shipping. The Extreme III is a very complicated single AAA powered flashlight that requires a lot of patience. Further details of the Extreme III is as follows:

The Extreme III is a single AAA powered custom light utilizing cutting edge technology. The body is machined from T6061 aluminum, type III hard anodized in natural ( no mis-match ) combined with double side AR coated mineral glass lens, Custom orange peel aluminum reflector, hand selected Rebel LED for optimum brightness and, a micro processor controlled DC/DC converter with multi functions all packaed into a very small package.

The Extreme III is user programmable and the ultimate 1 x AAA powered custom light made in limited numbers.

Main features:

Unique 2 stage output twisting mechanism which does not require the user to cycle through all modes.
Turn Off Memory - the Extreme III will turn on in the last operating mode.
Programmble output for the 2 stage output and 2 stage SOS.
Programmable output and frequency for the 2 stage Strobe.
No flickering at ANY output level as the frequency of the PWM is set at 7800Hz.
Over discharge protection for Li-Ion & NIMH battery. (ON / OFF)
Indicates battery voltage level by number of blinks.
White diffuser for area lighting. (lantern head, container of lube and spare o-rings included.)
One word of caution is that the Extreme III will be damaged immediately when a 10440 battery is inserted backwards.

emiii001hu1.jpg

emiii002ww7.jpg

emiii003cg5.jpg

emiii004zl5.jpg

Specifications:

LED : Rebel LED bin number NW0D or better.
Input voltage : 0.9V - 5.0V (AAA/10440)
AAA battery chemistry : Alkaline(1.5V), NIMH(1.2V), NICD(1.2), Primary Lithium(1.7V) & rechargeable Li-Ion 10440(4.2V)
Uses PWM at high frequency 7800Hz. No flickering from 0.2% to 100% output
AR Coated glass lens (Diameter 12mm, thickness 1mm)
HA III natural finish, no mis-match.
Single o ring seal at lens, LED module & battery tube.
3 positions twisting action for on/off and programming : off, P1, P2
Tighten for off. Reduce the chances of losing the complete head (bezel & LED module)
Lock out mode : loosen 2 turns
Stable tail stand even with small keyring, similar to the KIB flashlight.
Area lighting with white diffuser installed
water resistant

Size:
Length : 77mm
Diameter : 14mm (bezel)

Main functions:

FOUR (4) operating modes

1. Standard mode - 2 output level. default at 15% brightness & 50% brightness

2. User adjustable mode - default at 50%. Adjustable from 0.2% (8 seconds) to 100% (8 seconds)

3. Strobe mode - 2 stobes level. default 1 Hz at 50% brightness at 15.6 Hz at 100% brightness

4. SOS mode - 2 SOS brightness. default 6.5% & 50%. cycle repeats every 3 seconds

all of the above output and frequencies can be changed by the user via the programming function.

FIVE (5) Extra functions

1. Battery voltage indicator - works on Alkaline, NIMH & Lithium Ion battery

2. Programming function - User can define the output and frequencies of the 4 operating modes mentioned above

3. Demo function - Will display all available brightness and frequencies of the four operating modes. Demo runs for a few minutes and revert back to previous operating mode

4. Overdischarge protection for rechargeable batteries - works on NIMH & Lithium Ion battery (4.2V, 10440)

5. Factory reset - Restore EEPROM back to factory default settings for all operating modes & extra functions

The Extreme III has a unique design in its software code. It will remember the last operating mode when the light is turned off. the next time the user turns on the light, it will turn on in the last operating mode (i.e. previous mode).

for example, if you use your Extreme III mainly as strobe light or SOS, you do not need to go through the process of selecting strobe or SOS again everytime you turn it on.

The price of the Extreme III is $90.00 which includes Paypal fees and shipping via express mail (EMS) to anywhere in the world. The Extreme III is in stock and will ship immediatelly. I can only accept Paypal for payment. When sending payment, make sure to include your full name, CPF NAME, complete shipping address and what you are paying for. Please send your payment to: arcmania (at) hotmail (dot) com Thank you.

ARC mania

Last edited:

Edwood

Enlightened
Re: FS: Extreme III.

The Extreme III is simply my favorite EDC flashlight. There is simply no brighter and better flashlight for it's tiny size. I've used a lot of different flashlights of all kinds, but I keep going back to the Extreme III.

The UI is a little complicated at first, but once you learn it and get used to it, you will miss all those incredible features when you use other flashlights. The only other flashlight I've used that comes close is the SPY 007, but it requires removing the battery cap to access the different modes.

I'd buy more if I didn't already buy four of them. :naughty:

-Ed

foxtrot824

Enlightened

If you don't already have one now is the time to buy folks. I love my Rebel Extreme lll and wouldn't have any thing else on my key chain.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've got 2. One hanging off the outside of my computer / go to mill bag. The other is stashed away "just in case".

I don't think I need a third.....

Very nice & BRIGHT AAA light. I bought some regular production AAA lights and they are absolutely NOTHING like this.

Neale

ECKO32

Newly Enlightened

This seems like alot of light :eek:

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have two of these, and nothing I've seen on the market will take my rebel one off my keys.

I probably have another 10 or so key chain lights that sit in a drawer because of this light.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast

If I may chime in here... I have been eye balling these off and on for awhile. Every time though I keep pulling out my Fenix LOD CE which is half the price and to me, is amazingly bright for it's size. Does anyone have any thoughts / comparisons / beam shots of this? I'm inerested, but would like to here from others.

Thanks,
Dan

sgt253

Enlightened

Just sent paypal for one. Looking forward to another Arcmania light! Been wanting one for a while now. Thanks Mike.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast

If I may chime in here... I have been eye balling these off and on for awhile. Every time though I keep pulling out my Fenix LOD CE which is half the price and to me, is amazingly bright for it's size. Does anyone have any thoughts / comparisons / beam shots of this? I'm inerested, but would like to here from others.

Thanks,
Dan
Howdy Dan. I owned the new Fenix LD01 briefly before acquiring my Extreme III. I thought it was a finely machined and finished light that was easy to operate and very bright. A great value! However, there were a few major points that sold me on the Extreme III over the LD01. Whether these are worth the difference in price is up to each person.

1. You can't beat the Rebel LED's beautifully smooth beam on the Extreme III. I found the LD01 quite ringy by comparison (especially the dark Cree halo around the hotspot... arrgh).
2. I like having the ability to set up my light's UI any way I want it. I can have low come on first, or high, or anywhere in between.
3. I LOVE the Extreme's LOW LOW level, which I use every night for my mid-night adventures. The LD01's low is WAY to bright for me.
4. It's nice having the ability to use a lithium-ion 10440 and know that the light will warn me when it gets too low, and then cut off before it gets dangerously low. It will also warn me before my NiMh cells get to low, AND I can disable that warning/cutoff if I so desire. I've heard some folks say that they use a lithium-ion cell in the LD01, but it's not designed for that voltage and there is NO warning or auto cutoff system to prevent accidental over discharge of the cell.
5. It's fun being able to check the voltage of my cell whenever I feel like it. Twist it back and forth 5 times and it gives me an instant readout (via flashes) of the current battery voltage. Neat!

Yes, it did take me a while to wrap my head around the UI on this little gem, but hey, once it's setup it's no harder to operate than the LD01. Actually, it's a bit easier. You simply twist it a bit for on, and then a bit more for high, then tighten back down for off.

I'm sorry I didn't take any beam shots of the LD01 to compare with the Extreme III, but I only had it for a few days before returning it.

So for me, it was worth the extra dollars to have a light that I enjoy using every single time I turn it on.

Edwood

Enlightened

It's also worth noting that there is "squeeze" technique in the P2 position that you can do to access the different modes. So instead of twisting back and forth, you can just hold it in your hand, with the head grasped firmly, and push down on the tail of the light.

My favorite technique is to click/squeeze twice to lock on high only mode. So it's in tactical mode. It remembers the last level, so I can have instant access to high mode all the time if i want.

-Ed

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks,
Dan

Adding to what Derek Dean said, the Extreme III will not exhibit any PWM on any level. The PWM frequency is set ultra high, and is not visible to human eyes. The L0D CE has noticeable PWM on low and medium.

gottawearshades

Enlightened

Oh, man!

If I'd known you had more of these to cell, I would't have bought one from Lighthound for my wife.

Archie Cruz

Banned

Gosh. Is that THE MJ ? I have seen a number of your light engines and much admire the beam quality. Should I sell my TnC Keylux and get the Extreme III? Has anyone done empirical side-by-side comparos of all the latest keychain lights lately? I know the Imago Mertics did some years ago.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

Will update soon on who has paid. I apologize I am a bit slow as I am working with one arm. After taking a recount I have 20pcs all together and currently there is 16pcs left. No worries, go ahead and PP away.

Here is a video showing how to program the P1 and P2 settings:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v438/qarawol/?action=view&current=ARCmaniaExtremeIII.flv

The second video shows how to use the user adjustable mode:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...rrent=ARCmaniaExtremeIIIUserAdjustableMod.flv

ARC mania

Last edited:

Latest posts