Can any expert review the LED Tronics FLT-3102-FSW?

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's considerably less expensive than all but the smallest light in the Coast/LED Lenser Speed Focus line, which uses a similar emitter and focusing lens system. I haven't decided yet if this focusing system is more useful than gimmick. The video shows this light can focus a little tighter than the Coast/LED Lensers that I've played with - to the point that it can project a clear image of the die on a target - which is definitely a gimmick, as the best throw will come from a slightly wider focus.

Unregulated, 3xAAA lights rarely see much praise on this board, but I'd be curious to see a runtime graph with 3x NiMH cells (and whether the tube could accommodate a larger Li-ion cell).

I've never been wild about the size of most 3xAAA lights, and this appears to be no exception, especially considering its spec'ed output. The light appears to be able to tail stand, and the switch appears to be an improvement over the Coast/LED Lensers, but I'd prefer to see a momentary, forward clicky switch.

Without knowing a potential buyers needs or intended use for the light, I wouldn't know whether to recommend it or not. Personally, I'm neither wowed nor put off by the descriptions/specs/video, but I'm OK with the price, and if I was in the market for a focusing LED light like the Coast/LED Lensers, I'd probably give this a shot first.