Set clocks ahead one hour on 03-08-09!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Yes people, time to "spring ahead" as they say.

clock09.gif

Daylight Saving Time (sometimes incorrectly called "Daylight SavingS Time") begins at 0200 hours (2:00am local time) Sunday 03-08-09.

This is also a good time to change the battery in your smoke alarms (the word "alarm" is pluralised here because most people have more than one).

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually woke up an hour early to make up for the lost hour! I can finally make it to class on time!:laughing:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I have to change the time manually on some systems that have the old DST rules hard-coded into them. There are many others in the same position who will be doing this tomorrow morning.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate the ritual of having to change all the clocks orund my apartment, in my car, my watches (although the one I wear every day is an atomic watch that sets itself), and the trucks at work. It usually takes a week or so to remember them all.
I don't like daylight saving time, personally.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a thought (and I know that even I won't do it) but why not take a notepad and jot down all the things you reset so that the next time you switch to or from DST it is easier and more complete.

Troubleshooter

Newly Enlightened
How do you get your biological clock top set itself ahead an hour? It takes me a month to get used to this garbage.

And a recent study showed that it wastes more energy than it saves, mostly in more home air conditioning and automotive expenses. We should stop changing time, and leave the time on standard time.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll either lose/misplace the list, or a couple months later get a new clock or item with a clock in it, and it won't make it onto the list. Usually I just accidentally discover that I forgot to reset a clock, and just do it then (whenever that may be). A couple of times I never bothered to reset a couple clocks that aren't used often, and they were just correct again when it was time to change back.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I took the time (no pun intended) and put the list on the computer I could probably find it again, but yeah me neither like I said.

And I now refer to the clock over the sink as "kitchen standard time."

KD5XB

Enlightened
I'm just not believing this! Or at least, I don't WANT to --

I woke up this morning, just a bit thirsty, so I got up and got a glass of water. When I went back to the bedroom, the alarm clock said 5:30, so I went ahead and got dressed and went to the computer. I checked candlepowerforums, my email, a Golden Retriever forum, played games, etc. After a while, I noticed it was still dark outside, and nobody else had gotten up, so I checked the time. NOW it was 0530, and I must have been up for a hour or more.

When my wife finally got up, I told her what happened, and she said she did the same thing 3 days ago. Seems she tried to change the alarm, and instead changed the time on the alarm clock!

I've been up since 0430, for no reason at all! :rolleyes:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
When my wife finally got up, I told her what happened, and she said she did the same thing 3 days ago. Seems she tried to change the alarm, and instead changed the time on the alarm clock!

I've been up since 0430, for no reason at all! :rolleyes:

The same thing happened to me a few months ago. At first I thought it was a rift in the space-time continuum or something. :laughing:

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
We used to give it a few more weeks as well and I liked it better that way. Now it stays dark way late in the morning again, just like around Christmas time.

Status
Not open for further replies.