PowerMag - 3xMC-E + 4xR2 - some beamshots added

mash.m

Enlightened
hi,

here is my new mag, with 3 x mc-e, 4 x r2 and stepless dimming. host is a 2D mag. battery is 2 lion pack from kaidomain. reflectors are from the shoppe. the mc-e´s have a donat in the middle, but the r2´s make a nice spot so you can´t see the donat. the electronic is self made with a logic powerfet and a timer ic. the knob of the pot isn´t very nice. when a have some time i will make a new one with aluminium.

some pictures:
4swf-41.jpg

front:
4swf-42.jpg

without camera flash. the middle led glows permanent with 55µA. it takes 500mA per year:
4swf-43.jpg

battery config, left 2d with lion pack, middle 1d with 4xlion and right 1d extreme short with 3x14500:
4swf-44.jpg

all lights in action:
4swf-45.jpg

picture that shows the mc-e´s with 1000 (the middle lamp) and at 1400ma each die (right lamp):
4swf-46.jpg

beamshots will follow...

markus

edit: smaller pictures

Last edited:

mash.m

Enlightened
Re: PowerMag - 3xMC-E + 4xR2 and two 1D/MC-E aspherical

i forgot, every llight have a charge connector on the backside lovecpf

the head and heatsink of the 2D mag is completely glued with thermal adhesive from arctic. the head get warm after some minutes at 100%.
the 1D with 1000mA per die get not very warm.

the camoflage mag get warm after 10 minutes at 100%. config: 3 x lion seriell with a kaidomain buck converter. but two dies are parallel and 2 seriell, so i get 2.8 ampere / 1400mA each die. the converter is also glued on the heatsink.

markus

Last edited:

netprince

Enlightened

Nice job, I like the arrangement of the purple mag. Would like to see a beamshot of it. I also like the constant running center emitter.

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice job Marcus....!!

They look very effective.......:cool:

But you have to make the pics smaller otherwise they offend the rules....

//Axel

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very impressive :thumbsup:

On the multi emitter Mag, did you use the Downloads Multi-sink and
McR17 reflectors ?

An outside beam shot please :D

mash.m

Enlightened

hi,

i used the mcr-16xr and a selfmade heatsink. the heatsink is done with my old late. the head and the heatsink is completley glued with thermal adhesive for better thermal management.

the regulator is also selfmade on a little pcb with smd parts and a irf3802 powerfet. the pot have a switch. with that i can turn on or off the light.

the lowest possible is 100mA. at maximum with fresh charged lions it draw about 8 ampere @ 8 volt = 64 Watt :hairpull:

markus

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast

A crazy nice build Markus....!!

mash.m

Enlightened
Beamshots

some beamshots, but very bad weather here in good old germany. rain all the day. beamshots done without a tripod. when the weather will be better i will make better beamshots.

controll shot:
4swf-47.jpg

tree in the middle 80 meters away:
4swf-48.jpg

sports complex 120 meters away:
4swf-49.jpg

small trees in the middle 30 meters:
4swf-4a.jpg

markus

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your PowerMag is INSANE! Nice work!

If I only saw this picture, I would have guessed it was a Led_Zep mag mod! Nice Job!

What is that, roughly 3200 lumens?

4swf-42.jpg

mash.m

Enlightened
yes it looks like a led_zepelin mod. those reflectors are the only way to get 7 pices into the original head. i think the flashlight have marginal over 3000 led lumen with a fresh charged set.

last days i made some runtime tests. at the lowest level it light up more then 45 hours. the lowest level is good enaught for walking at darkness.

markus

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Another great mod!

1.4 amp per die? How are you keeping things cool?

One thing though, the rules say that pictured have to be 800x600 or less, you'll have to resize yours.

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey markus,

Sweet Build!

just wondering if you did anything to mod the McR-16XR's for the MC-E? Did this reflector focus the MC-E's pretty well? Thanks!

Last edited:

mash.m

Enlightened
hi,

the reflectors produce a donat hole. that the ground why i use 4 r2 to fill this up. first setup was with 7 mc-e, but the donat-hole was to dark for practical use.

markus

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
heh... thats what I wanted to do a 7xMc-E with an XR-E in the center... did you try messing with the Mc-E (shaving the base etc) to get it to focus?

mash.m

Enlightened
hi,

i ordered only seven reflectors so i do not had one spare to test for...

good look,ceep me up with your build,

markus

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice. Can you provide a photo of your homemade electronics and a description of it? Any plans to make the pot water-resistant?