New Milky Lights...

zx7dave

Enlightened
Thought I'd share a couple projects that Milky just finished up for me. These are not for sale, just showing some of the awesome work he does.
First is the Sparkplug MCE driven KL5 which I mounted on a M4 body. Has 4 level output the brightest I'm sure topping 500+ lumens..
SparkPlugKL5MC-E.jpg

DSC00994-1.jpg

Next is a KL2 Head which Scott put in a MC-E that is direct drive off two CR123's. Not sure of the output, but is a beautiful white light.

L2DirectDriveMC-E.jpg

DSC00988-1.jpg

Lastly is the Gosling which is a KL4-BK, E1E Body and E1E Tailcap. This is powered by a MC-E with 4 levels of light powered by a IMR 16340. 2 up to 500+ Lumens. My daily EDC and perfect pocket rocket.
Gossling.jpg

Thanks Scott for your creative ideas and perfect touch! - Dave

Last edited:

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet creations you got there! What is the beam profile like on the L5 now with the MC-E? Very curious about that....and does it have a new reflector or was the original modified?

gsegelk

Newly Enlightened
Wow...very nice! I would love to see beamshots of the M4 (first one) vs. the E1E+KL4 (last one) on high.

Did you get all of these back from him at the same time?!? I'm happy when a new flashlight part arrives...I can't imagine getting a box with all this inside! Very cool:twothumbs

zx7dave

Enlightened
Sweet creations you got there! What is the beam profile like on the L5 now with the MC-E? Very curious about that....and does it have a new reflector or was the original modified?

Hi Strauss - Thanks for the comment. I actually haven't been able to take it out in the dark and really play just yet. It has the factory reflector that was cut out. Inside teh house it has a nice hotspot with great spill, this is definately not a flood setup. I plan to take it to the Seattle get together this coming Friday..PM me after that and I will give you better feedback.

hojobones

Newly Enlightened
I just received my gosling today - it is awesome. I can't believe the wall of light it puts out!! Looks like we have the same setup, I have mine on a E1B body. I was going to use an E1e body with E2D tailcap, but after using my milky creemator for the last month I got used to the E1B profile. What would we do without Scott???

zx7dave

Enlightened
Wow...very nice! I would love to see beamshots of the M4 (first one) vs. the E1E+KL4 (last one) on high.

Did you get all of these back from him at the same time?!? I'm happy when a new flashlight part arrives...I can't imagine getting a box with all this inside! Very cool:twothumbs

Thanks all for the nice comments. The closest comparison I have seen in person to the Gosling beam is that it falls inbetween the Malkoff P7 and MC-E dropin's...not as floody as the MC-E, but not quite the hotspot the P7 has either since it has a diffuser. Think of a L4 on super steroids!! Also got to remember this little light is doing this on one 3.7v cell.

I have a crap *** camera that won't even focus in the dark so the pic's I posted are about all I can do. No tripod either so I think a beamshot is going to be impossible..with the M4/KL5 setup it looks about like a P4 nice hot spot, great spill..except in steroids.

I did not get all these at the same time...in fact only the Gosling was new..the other two were rebuilds that I blew up by not paying attention to the friendly reminder label that Scott puts on the lights...too much voltage...poof. Expensive lesson.

Last edited:

zx7dave

Enlightened
I just received my gosling today - it is awesome. I can't believe the wall of light it puts out!! Looks like we have the same setup, I have mine on a E1B body. I was going to use an E1e body with E2D tailcap, but after using my milky creemator for the last month I got used to the E1B profile. What would we do without Scott???[/quote

Scott is the man!!! I love his work. I wanted a slightly shorter version on this for a compact pocket rocket..with the nice clip the E1B has it fits great on my belt for my work EDC.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is your Gossling regulated or direct drive? I assume it's going to be direct drive. What is the runtime in one IMR16340?

zx7dave

Enlightened
Very nice Milky M1 you have there..I had discussed doing one of these with the old style ribbed KL1...so that way the entire light is ribbed...but the plan dissolved on my end. Still wonder how it would of turned out...

zx7dave

Enlightened
Is your Gossling regulated or direct drive? I assume it's going to be direct drive. What is the runtime in one IMR16340?

Hi..no not direct drive...has the firmware to give me 4 levels. I am guessing at the levels...2, 60, 200, 550 Lumens. I have not run it on high with a fresh battery..gets too hot before the battery gives up. I would guess about 14 minutes on high...maybe less. The light flickers when the battery starts to die so you know to choose a lower level and extend the run time. I use usually on the 200 Lumen level and easily get 30+ minutes out of it. On the lowest level I used it as a nightlight for two nights and still has juice left. When I know I am only going to run lower levels I can comfortably run a AW RCR123 in it..doesn't have to me a IMR..but that is recommended for the best results on high output...

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi..no not direct drive...has the firmware to give me 4 levels. I am guessing at the levels...2, 60, 200, 550 Lumens. I have not run it on high with a fresh battery..gets too hot before the battery gives up. I would guess about 14 minutes on high...maybe less. The light flickers when the battery starts to die so you know to choose a lower level and extend the run time. I use usually on the 200 Lumen level and easily get 30+ minutes out of it. On the lowest level I used it as a nightlight for two nights and still has juice left. When I know I am only going to run lower levels I can comfortably run a AW RCR123 in it..doesn't have to me a IMR..but that is recommended for the best results on high output...

Hmmm ... I think you just have tempted me for a new build. I was discussing with Scott about building a new light using an old E1E body. Thanks for the info. Superb light. I love it!

zx7dave

Enlightened
Hmmm ... I think you just have tempted me for a new build. I was discussing with Scott about building a new light using an old E1E body. Thanks for the info. Superb light. I love it!

Please check with Scott for the exact numbers and details on the light..however I will tell you you won't be disappointed. In high it gets hot very quickly..this is unavoidable because of the size...

hojobones

Newly Enlightened
Please check with Scott for the exact numbers and details on the light..however I will tell you you won't be disappointed. In high it gets hot very quickly..this is unavoidable because of the size...

This is very true, on high it takes about three minutes before it gets too hot for me to hold. Good thing the mid level is still higher than most lights! I have the californ firmware which has tactical mode, memory mode, theater mode, and mizer mode. The strobe is very very very bright, my dogs don't like me tonight.

On the other hand it has a low and ultra low setting. On ultra low you can look directly at the emitter with no problem, in fact in a normal lit room you can barely tell it's on, but with night adtapted eyes works like a charm - not to mention it would probably run for a few weeks with no problem.

Easily the best light purchase in a long time

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is very true, on high it takes about three minutes before it gets too hot for me to hold. Good thing the mid level is still higher than most lights! I have the californ firmware which has tactical mode, memory mode, theater mode, and mizer mode. The strobe is very very very bright, my dogs don't like me tonight.

On the other hand it has a low and ultra low setting. On ultra low you can look directly at the emitter with no problem, in fact in a normal lit room you can barely tell it's on, but with night adtapted eyes works like a charm - not to mention it would probably run for a few weeks with no problem.

Easily the best light purchase in a long time

hojo, you're not helping me at all. :nana: I discussed with Scott about my next build, immediately after I got my Surefire M1 mod. I told him what I want but I'm not going to get it for a couple of months. Now I may not be able to wait.

hojobones

Newly Enlightened
hojo, you're not helping me at all. :nana: I discussed with Scott about my next build, immediately after I got my Surefire M1 mod. I told him what I want but I'm not going to get it for a couple of months. Now I may not be able to wait.

Keep in mind this is a flood monster, like a L4 times five. This is my preference as I appraise damages to cars, but I know a lot of people are throw lovers so just wanted you to know. It's crazy bright though, I accidently took a full blast a foot from my face and I was seeing a bright spot for a few minutes, it was wonderful

zx7dave

Enlightened
Keep in mind this is a flood monster, like a L4 times five. This is my preference as I appraise damages to cars, but I know a lot of people are throw lovers so just wanted you to know. It's crazy bright though, I accidently took a full blast a foot from my face and I was seeing a bright spot for a few minutes, it was wonderful

Funny...you reminded me of a CPF signature line a member used to have...it said.."don't look into light with remaining eye".
This little guy has the most muscle per size of anything I have ever owned or touched. A very impressive light from the Milky labs...

hojobones

Newly Enlightened
just ran a quick runtime test of the gosling on medium...it ran for over an hour with no noticeable decrease in brightness - even when compared to a fresh cell. voltage came in at 3.4 after the test, fresh cell was 4.2 (had to stop early to grab lunch) not too shabby!