Good quality General duty 6 volt light.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have wondered how cheap the amps in one of those cubic 6 volt batteries is compared to other sources.

I am thinking a good quality metal 6volt light in the are would be nice for general duty. Not to bright, not too dim. maybe 60 to 100 lumens. Beam quality like a Surefire.

Other roles could be filled by other lights...my car has a 12ZM in it for bright for its size. It also is equiped it ARC-LS's for convience to look around the car in. Actually my car is equipped with a total of 6 lights in it.

But for getting out and doing some work for sometime, I am thinking a light using the good old blocky 6 volt would be nice.

paulr

Flashaholic
Those 6 volt batteries tend to cost more per amp/hr than D cells. I'd say get yourself a good rechargeable work light or a 4D Mag, but I don't know of any lights like that with Surefire-like beam quality.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
If D cells are cheaper per amp hours....then thats the way to go. I use rechargables at home. But prefer non rechargable batteries away from home generally.

paulr

Flashaholic
You can get adapters that hold four D cells and drop into a 6 volt lantern, if that helps.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
accessories3.jpg
Here is one of those adapters.
Here is a Pelican 4-D light Brite Lite

LaserPro 4D
30 years ago I had a Sears rechargeable lantern. It was great, my first real light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I'd suggest checking out a Sears or Home Despot, though you won't get SF quality.