My JetIII-M is Dead (3 days old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sardian

Newly Enlightened
Well, I added a JetBeam JetIII-M to my collection from BOG. It came in Friday and I have been very pleased with it....Until this evening.

It has started to flicker at different intervals with less and less time on. Now it almost doesn't come on at all, just flickers (and fewer and fewer of those).

It flickers both on high and user preset. I have cleaned the contacts and made sure all the connections are clean. I have also tried SureFire Cr123's, and a 18650 with the same results.

Looks like I'll be calling BOG in the morning.

Darn, and I was wanting to take this thing to work tomorrow. Sure hope BOG has good customer service, this is the first thing I have bought from them.

sardian

Newly Enlightened
Well,

Now if I leave it on It does nothing but emit a barely visible light from the emitter. I can turn it off for a few minutes and then back on and it'll work normally for about 5 seconds then it goes back off again.

It doesn't this on both high and low and with all types of batteries.

I sure hate it too, I like the light a lot and waiting another week for a replacement will stink.

sardian

Newly Enlightened
Well, BOG is going to replace it. But I have to pay to ship this one back to them first. I'd be more than happy to give them my credit card for the replacement and let them ship it back to me with a return shippin lable but nope.

Looks like it'll be my last experience with JetBeam and Bug Out Gear USA.

I paid $7.00 to get it shipped to me last week (Took 5 day to get it, ordered Sunday with Priority Mail and got it Friday), and now I have to pay to send it back (another 4) and then wait to get another (maybe another week).

notsobrite

Newly Enlightened
Well, BOG is going to replace it. But I have to pay to ship this one back to them first. I'd be more than happy to give them my credit card for the replacement and let them ship it back to me with a return shippin lable but nope.

Looks like it'll be my last experience with JetBeam and Bug Out Gear USA.

I paid $7.00 to get it shipped to me last week (Took 5 day to get it, ordered Sunday with Priority Mail and got it Friday), and now I have to pay to send it back (another 4) and then wait to get another (maybe another week).

this sounds like exactly what happened to my lf3xt and eliteled. except, it took almost 3 weeks to get it, a few days to convince them that there was really a problem and get an rma, and- the best part- i failed to get tracking info and it got lost in the mail.

i'm sure things do get lost in the mail, but it's the first time i've ever lost anything in the mail and it just happened to be a $60 flashlight. so no more eliteled for me...

good luck with your return and pay extra to track it in case bog "loses" your light.

notsobrite

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can regard yourself as lucky.

I ordered one of the Jet-III from hkequipment which had a bug so I asked him for a replacement which wasn't a problem but the shipping cost me about 15$ and it took 3 month to get the replacement back to me :sigh:.

rayman

travelinman

Enlightened
Hey! I wanted to know why J2ledflashlight.com has had the "
Free World Wide Shipping and No PST/GST for our Canadian customers.​

We are currently out of stock - Sorry for the inconvience."

notice on their website for the Jet III M for weeks now, but they haven't answered any of my emails either to the sales desk or the info desk???

Anyone any idea where they went??

sardian

Newly Enlightened
I will say that I have received outstanding service from BatteryJunction.com

I had trouble with a Olight T25-Tactical. I just bought it last week also (ordered same day as the IIIM along with an M20, batteries and charger) The switch on the T25 was sticking.

I told them about it Friday and my new switch arrived in the mail today (Monday) and it works perfectly. Outstanding service to say the least.

DM51

Flashaholic
This has become a discussion about dealers, so you will need to take it to the appropriate section of the MarketPlace. I'll close it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.