My new PD30

BrandenR

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. Just thought I would share how my first quality flashlight purchase has gone. First I would like to thank all you guys for the great reviews and info you put out for all these flashlights, it's been a big help. I've had my PD30 a couple days now and absolutely love it! I bought it primarily to use as an emergency light. I like the 65hr runtime. I was shocked at how bright this light is on turbo, blows the mini Maglite I was using out of the water...way out of the water. :laughing: Can't really comment on the battery run times yet. I bought a pack of the SureFire 123a's. I also ordered the Tenergy 123A rechargeables (3.0V 900mAH). Do any of you guys have any suggestions for a better battery choice or do you think these will be ok? I was also wondering how some of you guys that have owned the PD30 a while are liking it. Is it holding up well? Thanks for any input.:candle:

Here is my little review if anyone is interested.

dano101

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF. :welcome: Good choice on a 1st quality light (and i say this because my frirst quality light ever was a P3D). Mine is still going strong... in fact i gave it to a friend because it was an older binned cree LED and i thought he could use it more for his camping instead of the 3D Mag he was lugging around. As for batteries... no harm in doing what u did buying a box of CR123's. Always good to have them around just in case. For rechargeables id probably go with the AW RCR123 and WF139 charger setup. Just to practice maneuvering around CPF, just look for AW battery sale in the marketplace and youll see.

Dano

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a PD30 back in December and so far, everything is perfect still.

I've dropped it, rained on it, over heated the crap out of it, beat it, banged it, scraped it and it still works.

Switch is still working normally too.

I've found that mine has to be tightened as tight as possible, if it's not very snug it loses connection. If you have problems, make sure to tighten hard first.

Battery life is fine. I can't give you numbers because I don't care, but if I haven't complained yet, it's delivered.

BrandenR

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info guys. I will be sure to check out those batteries and charger. :twothumbs