Eagletac P100 Series Initial Quality & Poll

Does your new P100xx have initial quality issues?

• Nope, mine is perfect!

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Non-centered led (enough to skew the corona)

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • Chips in anodizing (non-perfect finish)

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Significant donut hotspot (enough to be seen or bother you)

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Switch or UI issue (broken, unreliable, etc.)

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently got my P100C2, and really like this latest effort from Eagletac. The brightness, UI, build, and ability to have flat regulation on various voltage ranges (apparently from other posters: 3.7V - 8.4V) are all great.

However...

I want to see if my sample measures up to the general population in initial build quality... Mine has a non-centered led (enough to skew the corona to one side), a couple of minor chips in the bezel anodize and a donut in the hotspot, although minor. Enough people posted some of these things in the initial threads to warrant a poll to me.

Multiple choices can be selected in the poll.

Last edited:

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted that mine has a non-centered LED. Though it does also have a donut, it cannot be described as significant. In my opinion the one greatest thing that could be done about this would be a textured reflector. That seems to me to be one of the best advancements in flashlight technology. I wish manufacturers would stop trying to go without it.

Chao

Enlightened
I voted non-centered LED too, looks like I am really not alone :D

mhubble

Enlightened
I just tried to put the lanyard ring on mine and the weld in it broke. No big deal for me but it did surprise me considering its an EAGLETAC.

I contacted THE EAGLETAC STORE to see if maybe an ORANGE PEEL RELECTOR might eventually be offered and they said most likely NO.

copperfox

Enlightened
Just got mine one hour ago; P100A2. LED is a little bit off-center, but it does not affect the beam on mine. There is also a faint dark spot in the center of the hotspot, but it is not significant. It's throwy and yet the beam is smooth enough to use it at short range too. Tint seems like WC. The slightly off-center emitter, smooth reflector, and cooler than optimal tint all make my brain want to dislike the beam, but my eyes love what they see. I can say I am genuinely impressed with the beam. I'm quite critical of beam quality and this one is good. Eagletac has hit a home run with this light, to be sure.

• construction is solid. Threading feel is very smooth (dare I say, better than surefire!?). The o-rings and threads came lubed.

• UI is great and performs exactly as I expected. You cannot push down on the head to change modes (*cough* NDI *cough*)

• Clicky is great - a real "snap" sound and feel

• Finish is great

• knurling is great - grippy but not abrasive

• Balance is great, not front or rear heavy. Center of gravity with Eneloops inside is exactly at the 'c' in EagleTac of the laser engraved logo

Verdict: I would buy this light again in a heartbeat. This light is truly a home run. If Eagletac made a P100A2 with three modes by adding a low ~5lm, I'd buy at least 2 more for BoBs.

Eagletac please make a P100A1!!!!

Edit: I did not vote because there is no "LED off center but does not affect beam" option...

Last edited:

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
• UI is great and performs exactly as I expected. You cannot push down on the head to change modes (*cough* NDI *cough*)

That is interesting. They must have changed the method that they use to change modes, since I can change modes on my T10L if I press down on the head hard enough (unless it is loosened a decent amount).

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened
what is the actual runtime on the c2 at 55 lumens? first it says 8 hrs on the description, but then it says 14 hrs on the specs section. this at the www.eagletac-store.com
i'm about to pull the trigger on this one but if runtime at 55 lumens is only 8 hours then i may have to reconsider, and go for the PD30.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just tried to put the lanyard ring on mine and the weld in it broke. No big deal for me but it did surprise me considering its an EAGLETAC.

I contacted THE EAGLETAC STORE to see if maybe an ORANGE PEEL RELECTOR might eventually be offered and they said most likely NO.

My lanyard clip is OK.

Found another chip by the end of the tailcap. Located top right rear of the tailcap (photo).

P100A2032Small.jpg

supergravy

Newly Enlightened
My feelings are just as copperfox stated. The emitter on my P100C2 is off center yet the beam is actually quite good. I can also see a slight shadow in the center, but it is very slight. I probably wouldn't notice this slight donut if I hadn't had other flashlights where this effect was strong.

Funny enough I also have a couple of small chips in the finish. Nothing serious, just like pictured by ernsanada.

When I first took this light out of the package I had a moment of let down. I never like seeing the emitter off center. With this light it doesn't really seem to matter much though. Even though the emitter is off center relative to the hole in the reflector, it is still fairly well centered overall. Now that I have played around with it a while I am in awe. This is a fantastic light for $40.00! Really throws nicely for it's size. It compares quite well with it's more expensive siblings.

1anrm

Enlightened
My lanyard clip is OK.

Found another chip by the end of the tailcap. Located top right rear of the tailcap (photo).

Does your lanyard clip feel snug or loose? Mine is quite loose like it is one size too big... not sure if it's supposed to be like that. Oh yah, it DOESN'T help as an anti-roll feature :thumbsdow maybe that's how loose mine is, it'll roll even with a lanyard attached (D20 lanyard).

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does your lanyard clip feel snug or loose? Mine is quite loose like it is one size too big... not sure if it's supposed to be like that. Oh yah, it DOESN'T help as an anti-roll feature :thumbsdow maybe that's how loose mine is, it'll roll even with a lanyard attached (D20 lanyard).

Mine fits loose and spins around. It's not anti-roll on my light.

It say's on the EagleTec Store website, Anti-roll (with lanyard ring attached).

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both of mine have a whole lot of dust behind the lens and on the reflector.

I feel the finish and emitter centering are acceptable.

The brightness and tint of the emitter are top notch.

There is a bit of a donut on both beams. Otherwise, very throwy.

I'm pleased overall.

Last edited:

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened
i voted on options 2, 3, and 4.
i'm still overall happy with the light.
afterall, it's only 40 bucks!

Melven

Newly Enlightened
Mine is slightly off center, but only noticeable when you turn it 360 degrees on a white wall.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a good thread. The P100C2 is a great flashlight IMHO, but for some reason QC isn't up with the rest of EagleTac's products.

I voted mine is perfect. It isn't exactly perfect, but the only problem is a few very minor chips in the anodizing. Nothing unusual - not like pictures I've seen, or my Ra Clicky for that matter.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted mine as perfect, my emitter looks like it's off center, but the beam doesn't to appear to be affected when I rotate the light while shining at a white wall.

EDIT: After using mine at further distances, mine does have the dark spot in the middle.

Last edited:

Conan

Newly Enlightened

I just received my Eagletac P20A2 and as I was trying to install the lanyard ring it also broke! :thumbsdow

I'm impressed with the power of the light though, it closely matches my CR123 powered flashlights.

MerkurMan

Newly Enlightened
I have both the P100A2 and C2, and they both suffer from off-centre emitters, however they don't affect the beams. My C2 has some machining issues on the head, though. I have a picture illustrating it, but it's on my home computer. Basically, the crenellations were machined too deep, and there is very little material left in the "valleys." My fear is that any slight drop will shatter the lens, seeing as how it sits right below a thin layer of aluminum which I can indent with my thumbnail. :ohgeez: I have contacted ET, and they have assured me they are sending me a replacement.. Other than that little issue, I think the quality/value can't be beat. I love the look and feel of all my EagleTacs, and none have given me any issues thusfar.

Conan

Newly Enlightened
So last night I registered my new Eagletac at their web site and in the comments section I mentioned that the lanyard ring broke. Today I got an email from Eagletac confirming my Philippine address as they will send me an updated lanyard ring, I'm impressed! :twothumbs

Latest posts