Can You Recommend Another Site besides Fenix-Store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to buy my first flashlight. Was told the Fenix-Store.com was the place to do it. So I set up an account, tried to login, takes me back to the login page.

Tried requesting my password in case I typed it wrong (doubtful since it asks for your password twice) and it doesn't send my new password. Furthermore, it does look like it logs me in at one point because the MYACCOUNT icon becomes active, then when I go to BUY a flashlight, it takes me back to the login screen again as if I never logged in. Tried two computers and different browsers...

It keeps going in big circles.

I know maybe this isn't the forum for this gripe but I got the recommendation from here and now it's honestly kind of annoying for my first order. I'm tempted to go somewhere else to be honest. I've been trying for the last hour to order to no avail.

Is anybody else having login issues? I know I can email the guy, just seems like a big pain in the butt and I almost just want to go to another site.

Can somebody recommend another website? Somebody said not to buy off ebay but I normally don't get this kind of headache from ebay to be honest. I would have already been done by now on Ebay.

Cleared cookies, cleared offline content on both browsers.

It won't even let me initiate a search without first logging in. When I click on the Fenix Lights section it prompts me to log in.

Seems like a problem with their cookies. I've seen this same thing happen at certain forums online that have issues with saving cookies.

It finally let me into their lights section. Clicked on E01 buy now function just to see if it would add to their cart. IT WORKED.

Then I searched for LD10 and it cleared out my cart and logged me out and took me back to the login screen.

Boo to that. Another website would be appreciated. :shrug:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
That's odd, I can surf their sites just fine without logging in or being prompted to log in.

Give them a call and tell them about your problems. I think you can order over the phone if you want that lifetime warranty.

Lighthound and Batteryjunction also sells Fenix lights. Check here for coupons.

Tried with the search and selecting it directly. LD10 is not listed in their list of lights when it does let me into their lights section. Sometimes it will let me search without logging in, sometimes not.

TK10 is listed in their regular lights but again, sometimes I can get in the section, sometimes not. When I can get in that section, I click on TK10 even, it adds to my cart but when I go to checkout, doesn't work. Takes me back to login screen.

I don't know, maybe it's me. I'll check out those other sites if I can't get it to work. Thanks for the heads up.

I have two computers but they are identical. Maybe the particular browsers I have just don't work with their site.

Is 4sevens.com and Fenix-Store.com the same thing?

*EDIT*

Nevermind, neither site is working for me. Even after cache/cookie/offline content clearing, multiple browsers and two computers. Sigh. Oh well. Will try another flashlight site, thanks for the link.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Can you post a link to the site you are using and the browser you are using?

Because I have never head those problems from anyone so it might be just you.

Try giving them a call.

https://www.4sevens.com/login.php

https://www.fenix-store.com/login.php

Those are the two pages it keeps redirecting me to. Probably just my computer.

Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180

Maybe I need to upgrade explorer. But I also tried Firefox on both computers and didn't work on those either. Very weird for me too. I'll just chalk it up to me. Prefer to order online so I can print my receipt. Will just use Batteryjunction. They don't seem to be giving me any kind of problem.

Thanks for all your help. Mod, you can delete this thread if you see fit. Thanks. Sorry for cluttering the forum.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Well, using an outdated browser could be part of your problem.

Keep in mind that you won't get the extra unconditional lifetime guarantee from battery junction.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you click "digital series" from the left menu, you can get to the LD10. I don't see why it shouldn't work if you are logged in... If it was an issue with your computer it would be solved by going to another computer or browser; if it was an issue with their server other people would be experiencing it too. You must be navigating it in a way that is not working for some reason.
I tried logging in with my account, and I can add the LD10 with no problems.

carrot

Flashaholic
Try calling. They have a phone number listed in big yellow letters (I know, because I helped with the logo) and they are superb over the phone to deal with. Service is phenomenal, if only all other retailers offered an experience like that.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
If those sites don't work for you, Lighthound.com, Batteryjunction.com, Brightguy.com, and Eliteled.com sell Fenix lights as well.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
+100, carrot.

4sevens has great service, I suggest just calling or emailing them for help.

Backpacker Light

Enlightened
Liquidspaceman,

Try again, or call them.
You will not be sorry.

Fenix Store/FourSevens is highly recommended here for good reason.

If you are serious about getting the advice of CPF members here, you will take our advice, and we will soon be reading your followup post with rave reviews about your new light purchased from FourSevens!

Read between the lines ......we are recommending the FenixStore.

DM51

Flashaholic
Dealer discussions belong in the appropriate section in the MarketPlace. Please take it there, and I'll close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.