LF3XT lanyard

Raindog-

Newly Enlightened
I did the same with my previous P1D. I never understood why only one hole. With these four I like it more. :D

LF3XTback.jpg

LF3XTPQ1.jpg

I always carry my LF3XT in the Fenix holder, so clip is not useful for me.

LF3XTstand.jpg

Of course, preserves candle mode.

LF3XThand.jpg

In hand, caught as cigar.

LF3XThang.jpg

Hanging in neck.

Hope you like it. :eek:

Raindog-

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad you liked. The only precaution to remember is to previously mark off carefully the center of the hole. I use a ultra-thin tungsten carbide tip. Ah .. and be patient, this is a really hard aluminum. Is better begin with a thin tip (I use 1mm) and afterwards attack with the 3/32 tip.

Thanks for your comments. :twothumbs

nuron

Newly Enlightened
Is that hook on your lanyard what they call a lobster claw? I'm looking for something like that.

johns

Newly Enlightened
Very nice!
I just got a Fenix PD30 and maybe I'm doing things wrong, but I'm not going to trust that tiny thread on the end of the lanyard. you've inspired me to make my own - Thanks!

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've never quite trusted those skinny string lanyards, either, though I've not had one break. That's what they give you with some cameras. Never use them there.

Geoff

h2oflyer

Enlightened
If you check out the Chris Reeve Knives website they have a page showing how to do. Every CRK Sebenza is shipped with that type of lanyard.

Walter

Raindog-

Newly Enlightened
Is that hook on your lanyard what they call a lobster claw? I'm looking for something like that.

That's from a surefire Z3... but you can find it easy in some internet places. uniquetitanium, for example, have a wonderful Ti ones.

nice work, i might get this light instead of the D10 afterall.:whistle:

I absolutely love my D10, but man, this thing is sooooft compared with the strong push button of the D10.

Raindog.... how the heck do you learn to make a lanyard like that? You must have a lot of experience doing that!

No, no, is very simple. Search google for hangman's knot... This Chris Reeve tutorial Walter wrote is precise and simple.

Regards. R.