Which is your favorite Malkoff???

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was going to do a poll but you can only have 10 options :shrug:

Well, there seem to be a few threads every week on these little guys but still haven't seen (did I miss it?) a dedicated "favorite" thread :whistle:

I'm curious to see which is favored most, as there are now a ton of options, and I'm sure it would be very helpful for those others facing the dilemma of deciding on one, so...

Which Malkoff "p60 style" drop-in is your absolute favorite and why???

M60
M60L
M60LL
M60F
M60LF
M60W
M60WL
M60WLF
M30
M30F
M30W
M30WF
M60 MC-E
M60W MC-E
P7

My favorite is my M30W for its great tint and sheer flexibility - I run mine in a 3P most of the time but also use a 18650 or two AAs often. Sgt. LED said it best - this is the light for the end of the world!

However, I would be very interested in an M30WL as my second favorite is my M60WL...

Mikellen

Enlightened
I only have 1 Malkoff and that's a M30W. So it's my favorite so far. I really like the tint. I've read that some of the Malkoffs have a sort of oblong hotspot. I don't know if that really makes a practical difference but mine is very circular. I don't even notice any Cree rings. I think I would like a M30WLF next if that ever becomes an available option.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
M30W:hitit:

I do have a P7 as well, but the M30W is more versitile and I love the warm tint.

Not too often I need the brightness of the P7 and it is kinda hard on the batteries...

Sverre

PS! Both of these are handmade ;)

Last edited:

crazyk4952

Newly Enlightened
I have the M60WL in my Surefire 9P and I really like the tint, beam quality and runtime! It has way more lumens than I need, also. Since I run off of primaries, I would have a hard time justifying the shorter runtime of the M60.

Maybe when I switch to rechargeables, I will get an M60.

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M60 has been great and currently my favorate, but the MC-E P60 on direct drive in warm pushing out 800 to 1000 should be in my hands this week:shrug:

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only have one Malkoff as well, an M60. It's one of the early run's, with the M60 engraved by hand. I purchased it well over a year ago, during the "Malkoff craze". It was EXTREMELY hard to get your hands on one back then, as Gene would sell out a batch in less than 30min! I eventually will pick up a couple more, as I've had my eye on the M30W and M60WL for awhile now.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
:cool: Oh yeah, love the HA 6P's! The C2 is great and all but sometimes the clip is in the way more than it helps.

You see where Gene is going to sell his own hosts? No lens! There is a seal against the optic!

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
M60W for me, running on either 2x17500's or 3x123's in a C3 w/FM34. You've got the versatility of either a M60W or M60WF in one package at the flick of a button.....as good as it gets.

Last edited:

dilbert

Enlightened
That's a tough call. Gene came up with these cool drop-ins, but Cathy always writes a nice little hand written thank you on the invoice. I guess I like them both the same!

;)

AnotherADDiction

Newly Enlightened
I think that mine is the M30W for all of the reasons stated above - I love it in my 3P (well, my FM 16340 w/clicky ;)), and being able to use AA too.

Too bad it is also my only Malkoff, so far. I am lusting for a M60W MC-E
to walk dark trails at night, and I also would like an flood version of one also. Which would be better to walk darl trails in woods at night?

A "HA 6P" club - How do I join - where can I find one???

One again, I follow the well lit footsteps of the usual suspects :grin2:
THANKS!
AnotherADDiction

Kestrel

Flashaholic
M60. Haven't seen any 'W's yet. Have zero interest in the 'F's.

Of the M60, M60LL & M30, I really prefer my M60. Perfect in 2x17500, and can run off of 1x17670 quite well:
  • The M30 is better in 3P-length bodies, good in 6P's, ok with AA's in 9P.
  • M60: Poor in 3P, good in 6P, best in 9p.
But the tie-breaker is that the 9P-length (where the M60 really comes into its own) is the best flashlight for my uses.

My two lumens,

Last edited:

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tossup between the M60WLF and the M60W/FM34 combo.
The floods are where it's at, and what make the Malkoffs different from everything else out there.
I've had the M30F(sold), and all of the M60 Warms except the MC-E.
Made a gift of the M60WF, will probably sell my M60WL, and may get a M30WF to feed on 17670 and 18650.

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite is my M30WF. Just a damn bright wall of light. The tint,beam,and flexablity are all excellent. I can vary output by the battery type. Want full power use an 18650.Want about 120-130 lumens use 2aa.
Want 60-80 lumens with 4:55 hr runtime use 4/3af cell.For me this is the crowning jewel of the Malkoff line.