Liteflux LF3XT... what a wonderful light this is!

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just wanted to share this for those who are unfamiliar with this light. I was fortunate to discover this light from a review on this forum and last night decided to write a little about it.

I'm usually up late and live on 5 acres. My Golden Lab needs to get out there a few times in the evening and that's my excuse to grab a light and head out. This is a good use for a blaster like my MTE SSC P7, but sometimes I just want to have one small, convenient light for inside around the house at night and outdoors on the acreage and the Liteflux LF3XT fills the bill perfectly.

I have really come to appreciate the value of such a versatile, simple, wide range light which has a luscious soft beam output, a bright & useful central beam, and a bright and very useable spill. This light is far from my brightest, far from my best thrower, far from my best flooder, but what a beautiful and useable beam it has for such a wide variety of uses, and such a wide range of brightness.

I have no clue how low it goes, but I use it often around the house at night at it's lowest setting, which may be around 1 lumen - perfect. And I use it on max at times, which I'm guessing might be around 125+ lumens? Late night in the bedroom, it will be on candle mode, bouncing off the ceiling with a soft, beautiful glow, somewhere around mid-level brightness, perhaps 60 lumens. Having an infinite brightness ramp makes getting the perfect brightness for the job at hand easy. The ability to use an AW RCR123 rechargeable makes guiltless use of the light, constantly, daily, no big deal at all. It seems to run forever on the AW protected RCR123 I use with it.

With instant switch to minimum (two taps) and instant to maximum (tap & press/hold), and ramps up or down with one holding press, a widely adjustable range is very quick and simple to get to. It can be programmed to have a momentary feature as well if you like that. There is a lot to love about a light like this, which operates so simply, yet has such an incredibly versatile output and such a useful beam. On top of it all, the light has a built in battery tester which tests the battery under load with great precision and accuracy! So nice to have!

No, it's not a perfect light (none is). But a remarkably versatile range, a nice UI, great features, compact size, and an incredible beam will get you close. At $60 yet.

It's around 2 am and I hear the owls hooting out there now... I think the dog may want to go outside! LF3XT at hand... here we go.

LF3XT_RCR1232432.jpg

LF3XT_1827.jpg

Here are a couple of reviews for those who are interested:

http://www.light-reviews.com/liteflux_lf3_xt/

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/218912

The light is available from Khoo on this forum (Malaysia) or from the USA retailer EliteLED.com.

http://www.eliteled.com/products/liteflux.html

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tried the programmable mode? I have my set up so it always comes on at the lowest setting. Two taps and I have a medium-low, two more taps and I have medium, press and hold for max. If I want max low I just turn it off and on. This way I won't blow out my night vision by it coming on in high, etc. Nice for turning on to move around the house at night, etc, and more light is easy to access if needed.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
It certainly is a wonderful light. Right there near the top in bang for the buck. Mine's programmed much like yours, Wade, except I've got high now for mode 4 and a slow low beacon for #5. I mostly use the FUI. It is very useful to have that low coming on first.

Geoff

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a great light but alas I had to sell mine to get another light. Maybe in the future they'll have a newer version that does not need to be dehorned.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wade... I've found all I desire with the light using the simple UI, so I haven't even entered the full programmable mode. Someday I will probably play around with those options, but as is, I'm really happy.

BTW, I just received the flashlight carry case that you linked me up to and it's fantastic; I love it. Now I can toss a bunch of lights into it, zip it up, and have them conveniently at hand wherever I go. Thank you!

PetaBread

Enlightened
Cheya!

LF3XT is such a great light.

Those "horns" dont bother me at all , their not even

sharp on my LF3XT :thinking:.

chaoss

Enlightened
:hairpull: Would you stop it please? You know i can't resist pulling the trigger on one or two of these :).
How many personal sized lights does a guy (me) need :eek:?

Oh, and thanks for the pics & links DHart :twothumbs.

litework

Newly Enlightened
I'll echo what others have said about the LiteFlux. It's a very versatile light with an excellent beam pattern. A really nice pocket light. I don't have trouble with the edges of the light, but I do suspend it in my pocket with a lanyard wrapped around my belt; maybe that's why it hasn't bitten me. At 100 bucks, it would be a bargain. At 60 bucks, it's a steal.

OrlandoLights

Newly Enlightened
Enjoyed reading your post, DHart. In fact I read it twice, once online, and then, after printing it out, again to my girlfriend tonight. She gave me the LF3XT for Christmas:kiss:, and you really described why it is such a great light.

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Have you tried the programmable mode? I have my set up so it always comes on at the lowest setting. Two taps and I have a medium-low, two more taps and I have medium, press and hold for max. If I want max low I just turn it off and on. This way I won't blow out my night vision by it coming on in high, etc. Nice for turning on to move around the house at night, etc, and more light is easy to access if needed.
That's how I've got my LF5XT setup and am planning on doing the same when my LF3XT gets here. In the future would like to see a lower low, like the 120P has, but the LiteFlux UI is just about my favorite! :twothumbs

Axion

Enlightened
So I really want an EDC that has a smooth beam and a warm (5A) tint. If they'd just release an LF3 XT with a Q3 5A emitter I'd be sold. Even without a clip!

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice description, DHart! :)

My LF3XT is on my night desk, it starts on low and I use the FUI which I programmed to 5 modes, from low to bright, while the brightest is probably at 60%, for the rest I can PH if I need it brighter.

Sometimes, I play around with it, switch to the CUI, which is indeed great for an outdoor use with the ramping function. I need it to start at low by night though.

The beam is the smoothest of all my Cree-Lights with one CR123A, lovely if you preffer to trade some throw for flood.

oldpal

Enlightened
It is a great light but alas I had to sell mine to get another light. Maybe in the future they'll have a newer version that does not need to be dehorned.

You're right it is a great little light. But I, myself' like the "horns". The come in handy sometimes.

Hugh

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
The sharp edges on mine were only on the side (vertical) areas of the cross... the other edges of the cross were beveled. The sharp edges weren't a problem for me, but not being one to leave things alone, I decided to do some mods to soften all the edges of the cross a bit. Not something I feel is necessary, just what I felt like doing. :thumbsup:

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wade... I've found all I desire with the light using the simple UI, so I haven't even entered the full programmable mode. Someday I will probably play around with those options, but as is, I'm really happy.

BTW, I just received the flashlight carry case that you linked me up to and it's fantastic; I love it. Now I can toss a bunch of lights into it, zip it up, and have them conveniently at hand wherever I go. Thank you!
Don't tease - share the link for the carry case.

So I really want an EDC that has a smooth beam and a warm (5A) tint. If they'd just release an LF3 XT with a Q3 5A emitter I'd be sold. Even without a clip!
I don't know what the bin is, but you can request the warm white option from Khoo. I couldn't ask for a better tint.

gunga

Flashaholic
I could be wrong, but I think the warmer tinted ones from Khoo are WH. It seems a tad green to me, I prefer 5A.

Has anyone received a different warm tinted one? Maybe there are different warm bins available?

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Have you tried the programmable mode? I have my set up so it always comes on at the lowest setting. Two taps and I have a medium-low, two more taps and I have medium, press and hold for max. If I want max low I just turn it off and on.
I tried it that way for awhile too, but I've since returned to the CUI and reprogrammed the FUI instead with a number of beacon, strobe, and SOS modes. I find I'm always explaining to people how versatile the light, and it's easier to just show them a few examples quickly by switching between the UIs. ;)

That's how I've got my LF5XT setup and am planning on doing the same when my LF3XT gets here. In the future would like to see a lower low, like the 120P has, but the LiteFlux UI is just about my favorite! :twothumbs
Then you will be pleasantly surprised - the LF3XT min output is extremely close to the 120P (virtually the same on primaries, just slightly brighter on RCR). This is a big improvement over the LF5XT, which didn't go anywhere near as low.

That reminds me ... I should update my 1xCR123A round-up thread so the LF3XT results are all there too. :sssh:

Latest posts