Brightness quiz for flashbrights.

bngbuck

Newly Enlightened
You have been a member of CPF for a while. You must be a collector. I would guess you can answer these questions out of your head, if not, don't bother. I'll find the answer. Just fill in whatever blanks you can answer. Don't feel you have to spend a lot of time typing or looking this stuff up! Best guess is fine! NOT A RESEARCH PROJECT!

Please fill in the blank. All questions refer to LED lights, one-off, custom, modified, or production.

Inch measurements to be taken as "close to" (+ or - about 1/4")

1. What's the highest lumen output hand-held flashlight yet created?____________________________________

2. What's the longest throw hand-held flashlight yet created?____________________________________________

3. What's the highest lumen output h-h flashlight >3'' length but <6" length, any diameter?__________________________________

4. What's the highest lumen output h-h flashlight <3" length but >2" length, any diameter?__________________________________

5. What's the highest lumen output h-h flashlight under 2" length, any diameter?___________________________________

Dan FO

Enlightened
Is this a test and will there be a prize for the winner?

1. I have read as high as 3000

Gunner12

Flashaholic
1. Humm, 70 x 230(rough lower end guess of Q/P bin Cree XR-E at 1.8 amp), I'd say 16000+ lumen. Look for Databank.
2. DEFT
3. There's a Tri Seoul P7 M6 mod, but the M6 is 7.9 inches. There are quite a few Seoul P7 and Cree MC-E lights in this size range, so 500+ lumen out the front potential. The 7 Cree XR-E Q5 "Sceptre" by Mac has over 1000 lumen. If you count bike lights I've seen tri Cree MC-Es and more in something around this length(but much wider and has a seprate battery pack). I'm sure in a more "normal" format you can get a tailswitch Mag 1D and have 4 MC-Es or P7s in it.
4. There are a few RCR123(IMR cells recomended) driven Seoul P7s and Cree MC-Es in this size range.
5. Draco? There are also puck lights that are less then 2 inches thick with a Cree XR-E LED in them. 3 AAA batteries. Potential for over 300 lumen at the LED depending on bin, batteries, and electronics.

For 3-5 do you count bikelights and Headlamps too? Because if you do some of the bikelights are around that thick and put out a lot more lumens then a normal light that size.

Last edited: