Dereelight CL1H - Head won't unscrew (very tight)?

sstmax

Newly Enlightened
I have just taken delivery of my new CL1H Q3 5A 3SD from Dereelight this morning. Being based in the UK, I ordered direct through dereelight.com

I ordered an additional SMO reflector and it came with the OP one installed. I thought I'd have a go at changing the reflectors.

I've unscrewed the battery holder off from the head section without any problems but the head seems very difficult to unscrew from the bit containing the pill. Is this normal?

I don't want to force it but it feels as if it can't be loosened very easily by hand.

sstmax

Newly Enlightened
Managed to unscrew it with some brute force, I was worried I'd damage something but it seems fine.

The threads are all quite "gritty" on this light, even although they do seem to be lubricated.

I think it probably needs a strip down and a thorough clean/regrease...

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
In another thread, a member stated that the CL1H benefits greatly from being completely disassembled, cleaned, and re-lubed. I am sure you will be all set once that is done.

sstmax

Newly Enlightened
In another thread, a member stated that the CL1H benefits greatly from being completely disassembled, cleaned, and re-lubed. I am sure you will be all set once that is done.

Yes, I'm sure you're right. Aside from the slightly gritty threads, this light feels really well made.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe someone put it on a bit too tight at the factory, or some grit got mashed up in the threads and made them stick. Always a good idea to clean out the threads and re-lube.

sstmax

Newly Enlightened
Let us know about that 3SD Q3 5A would you?

I have a couple Q2 5A and they just aren't as bright as I wish.

The only other lights I have to compare are an L2D Q5 and an MTE SSC P7.

It's definitely (and noticeably) brighter than the L2D and obviously out-throws either light no problem.

If I was in the US, I'd have been happy to let you try the Q3 pill.

I don't think you'll get a significant upgrade by going Q3 over Q2. Have you tried the R2 WH? I almost bought that pill instead as it's still relatively warm.