• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Ra Twisty Tail End Customization (Tubes, Clips, Screws, Trits, etc.) Service & Sale

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ra Twisty Tail End Customization (Tubes, Clips, Screws, Trits, etc.) Service & Sale

Dear CPF members,

Want a better way to EDC your Ra Twisty?

ClipFront.jpg
ClipSide.jpg

18650Front.jpg

18650Side.jpg

I charge $25 for this service on your existing CR123 Ra Twisty battery tube. $30 drills and taps an existing 18650 tube.

I have complete drilled and tapped CR123 tubes for sale. These are $50 each.
I have complete drilled and tapped 18650 tubes for sale. These are $60 each.

I also have McGizmo titanium clips, these can be added for an additional $25 (my cost). (Note: I do not sell the clips separately). McGizmo clips in stock now.

Shipping is a flat $5 charge. This will be USPS Priority within CONUS and USPS First Class outside CONUS. (contact me if you need non-standard shipping)

I accept PayPal and am verified. You may also pay with a postal money order if you like.

Bean

Prices subject to change at any time without notice. AZ customers will be charged sales tax.

Update: You now have screw options... (all screws made from SS unless otherwise specified) (Prices listed are for a set of 2 screws)

Stock Button Head (These come with the clips, so you get them whether you like it or not, deal with it.)
Price + $0
Button.jpg

New Button Head (These are really more like pan head, but not quite)
Price: + $0.25
Pan.jpg

Truss Head Phillips
Truss.jpg

Socket Head
Socket.jpg

Hex Head
Price: + $1.00
Hex.jpg

Lunsford Racing 6/4 Titanium Button Head (These are beautifully machined and really look great. I am really impressed with these.)
Price: + 3.50
TiButton.jpg

Add SS lock washers to any set of screws: + $0.25

Add blue threadlocker and assemble clip to tube: + $0.25

The Ti Bean Clip

2 have sold 1 remains. $17.50 each

18650Front.jpg
18650Side.jpg
CR123Side.jpg

Added bonus, the side stand.
CR123SideStand.jpg

UPDATE: Tritium Vial Slots are now a reality.

This service is availible for the 18650 tubes.

Slot Service: $30
Add 1.5x5mm trits and cement with optical epoxy: $20 (Only white are availible at this time)

18650Empty.jpg
18650Finished.jpg
18650FinishedLightsOut.jpg

Last edited:

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Ra Drill and Tap service / Pre-Drilled/Tapped Twisty Tubes for sale.

I`ve been looking for someone doing this forever...!!!

Would you be willing to do jobs on other light`s besides the RA...?

Awesome..!

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Ra Drill and Tap service / Pre-Drilled/Tapped Twisty Tubes for sale.

Would you be willing to do jobs on other light`s besides the RA...?

Yes, however price will vary with the job based on my time investment. I may also have to create tooling, depending on the job.

PM me for further details, as this is slightly off topic. I may start another thread for other types of jobs.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Ra Drill and Tap service / Pre-Drilled & Tapped Twisty Tubes for sale.

Ahhh the Clip of clips....Superb.:thumbsup:

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a standard clip is included in the $25??
Its for the drill and tap service only, the clip will be an extra $25, that's the actual cost of a McGizmo Ti clip without shipping so its a good deal $55 for the package.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a standard clip is included in the $25??

No, $25 is what I charge for the service, that gets you two accurately drilled and tapped 4-40 holes. A clip is an additional $25.

I am not making a profit on the clips, $25 is my cost, just providing them as a convenience.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast

1 tube and 1 clip are Sold.

I still have 3 brand new tubes left, don't worry I can get more. I am currently out of clips, but just placed an order for a dozen more, so I should have them by this time next week.

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

If I had a twisty I'd be all over this offer! :thumbsup:

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any 18650 bodies?

Yes, I have one 18650 tube at this time, more are on the way. I don't have a price for you yet, but I will soon, stay tuned.

Last edited:

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good Job, Beans! :thumbsup:

chaoss

Enlightened

I just had this done by Bean and am patiently awaiting it's arrival via USPS :).
In my opinion, this mod puts the RA Twisty over the top in terms of functionality.
The lack of a carry clip on this great light was the only negative aspect of the Twisty (again I.M.O.), and now that this little problem has been solved it will surely become my primary EDC.

This clip option coupled with Bean's apparent expert machining abilities (will know more upon arrival of the light) just adds the final touch to an already great light.

Thanks Bean :thumbsup:.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast

In my opinion, this mod puts the RA Twisty over the top in terms of functionality.
The lack of a carry clip on this great light was the only negative aspect of the Twisty (again I.M.O.), and now that this little problem has been solved it will surely become my primary EDC.

You haven't even tried it yet.:nana: But, you're right anyway, this modification is a huge improvement. I've had my Twisty for somewhere around a year now and I've always had trouble carrying it. No more. This mod plus the 3000k high-CRI emitter swap I did, makes this my all time favorite light for nighttime use. The McGizmo clip gives it a classy look too. Now it's rugged and handsome.

Did you know some flashaholics don't even use a clip? How can that be, I have to wonder? Did you know that Henry is one of those flashaholics? No joke, he carries a Clicky without a clip in the bottom of his front left pocket.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just for fun, I have just placed an order for an assortment of different types of Stainless Steel 4-40 screws. Customers will soon be able to choose from four or five different options. Why not?

No, I didn't order any Torx, they are expensive and you have to buy a lot. No, I didn't order any Ti screws, they are tricky to find in 4-40 and less than 1/4", but I'm still shopping.