Olight M30 Triton (new and first pictures

RainerWahnsinn

Enlightened
Here it is, proud to bring it to your eyes with a special engraving for our Forum

http://www.abload.de/img/forumslampe__mit_logo_wp8k.jpg

Over sized image removed

Here is a new one hopefully right size:

olight_m30_triton_protpw1t.jpg

Last edited:

FlashlightsNgear.com

→Formerly d1live←, Flashaholic
Re: Olight M30 Triton

That light is priced at 130 EURO which equals around 166 bucks, maybe someone from our forums can talk with Olight about doing a similar engraving for us, Id be interested in atleast one.

Seiko

Newly Enlightened

I am totally digging the instant strobe button on the tail cap!!!!
Once these hit the US I will be all over it.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast

[Commence rant.]

Kreplach! (OK, my Klingon is a little rustly...I hope I didn't mistakenly say something unflattering about your ancestry.)

What is it with all these lights that look like they're props from the next Star Trek movie? :ohgeez:

[End of rant.]

ergotelis

Enlightened

Just for your information the flashlight is writing in (ancient) Greek "come to take if you dare". It is a famous ancient greek phrase, told by king Lewnidas against Persians in Thermopyles battle(Maybe a lot of you have seen the movie of "300" ,that is all )

Rancid Badger

Newly Enlightened

Oh dear, so this is where all my money goes!

Looks like I'll be ordering one of these then :thumbsup:

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just for your information the flashlight is writing in (ancient) Greek "come to take if you dare". It is a famous ancient greek phrase, told by king Lewnidas against Persians in Thermopyles battle(Maybe a lot of you have seen the movie of "300" ,that is all )

I was aware of the phrase, loosely translated "come and take it," and I rather approve of that. It's the light's styling, with the agressive bezel and tailcap, and all the ridges, etc., that make shake me head in wonder. Though this one isn't nearly as bad in that respect as some I've seen.

Well, I said I was ranting....

ergotelis

Enlightened

I was aware of the phrase, loosely translated "come and take it," and I rather approve of that. It's the light's styling, with the agressive bezel and tailcap, and all the ridges, etc., that make shake me head in wonder. Though this one isn't nearly as bad in that respect as some I've seen.

Well, I said I was ranting....

Well being myself Greek i was surprised when i saw this phrase on a flashlight.
The flashlight will be 17cm long and comes with an extension tube to take 2x18650,else it is 3xcr123.

Damn and i was planning to buy Eagletac p7! Now?Buy both! :nana:

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast

and nobody thinks its a copy of the Surefire E2DL regardless of how you spell it in Klingon??? For even more money than the E2DL :ohgeez:

kts

Enlightened

and nobody thinks its a copy of the Surefire E2DL regardless of how you spell it in Klingon??? For even more money than the E2DL :ohgeez:

Does the E2DL put out 700 lumens :rolleyes::thinking:

2benlightened

Newly Enlightened

k, my german is a little rusty... this says 650 to 700 lumens? with an adapter tube that holds 218650's or 4 cr123A's?

Can anyone mit better german confirm this stat?

And what's with this "more details coming soon" business... we want specs NOW!!! LOL

heck, we want the light NOW!!!

Revierler

Newly Enlightened

IN fact this engraving is a special run for our tacticalforum.de and thus custom ordered.

And no, I do not think that this is an exact copy, as it is larger, brighter, more versatile, feature-laden and - most of all - cheaper.

We will post exact specs ASAP, probably in a few days.

You can run the light on 3x or 4x CR123 or 2x 18650 to our knowledge. Other combinations might be possible, but are not confirmed by any means.

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

A copy of the E2DL??? :confused:

If you mean the Fenix TA30, I can agree, but the E2DL has no selection ring.

The M30 Triton could perhaps be a copy of a flashlight, who knows? Perhaps it's even better than a flashlight... :devil:

Revierler

Newly Enlightened

We were talking about the Olight M30

But hey, If it is black and bright on one end and rubbery and soft on the other end it doesn´t have to be a surefire copy.

gsxrac

Enlightened

Im in if theres a CPF special. Ahh who am I kidding? Im in even if theres not lol. I love my M20 and dont expect ANY less from the M30

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast

I brought an M30 Triton prototype to the CPF GTG at SHOT so some folks got to play with it a bit in January.

It's pretty unique; not sure how it's a copy of anything; all new, original UI, unique design, etc.