Hello world

suregetfired

Newly Enlightened
I didn't see a "introduce yourself" section so I hope it's acceptable to post here. Just wanna drop in and say hi to everyone. :D

I will be getting my first surefire in a few days...

jollytoker420

Newly Enlightened
Welcome!

Let me be the first one to say "Hide your wallet!"

You also may want to cut up all you credit cards if you have any as well. :)

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
agree hide credit card.

and also if you dont have afford to get addicted to flashlights, then promptly remove cpf forum and other flashlight forums and also all flashlight retailer links from your computer and mind! :)

just to see what kind of problems this hobby might do to your wallet and credit, just check those "how many lights i bought this month" threads..

and just see how many people just buy several lights this month... and every month.. just like it would be ermmm.. normal! hahahhh

seriously welcome aboard, this is actually a great hobby to spend time with.. lotsa reading and discussion for all priceranges and separate areas.. these lights are great hobby things that can actually be useful in very day life.

many hobbies cant really say that in my mind.

also i see you start at the high quality lights already by choosing surefire as first.. you will be ever be doomed to be in bright side of (flash)lights :)

suregetfired

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the warm welcome guys. I can't wait to get my U2 in a few days :D

I've been browsing on this forum since this week and found a great deal of information regarding flashlights. I was shocked to see some of the HUGE collections of flashlights here and can certainly understand why I would need to cancel/cut up all of my cc. :D Anyway, I wish I can afford the whole troop of surefire (among other brands) like some of you. For now, I will settle for just 1. In fact, I never thought I would spend close to $300 for a flashlight. My streamlight 4AA used to be the most expensive light @ ~$30. :D Am I in trouble or what?

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome::welcome:::welcome::welcome:
Welcome to CPF! I would suggest that you open your wallet and say buh-bye to your money NOW! This will save you pain later on down the road.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Very shortly, you'll learn how to quickly get this little guy to pop out --> :takeit: , follow immediately by :paypal:

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

P.S. By the way, your subject, "Hello World" brings me back bad memories of when I was in college and I have to do computer programming. For some reason, the first program that you ever write ... regardless of whether you're programming in C, C++, Visual Basic, JavaScript, etc, is a message that says, "Hello World".

Last edited:

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
thanks for memorytrip:

1st thing i programmed a computer to do was a hmm.. a turtle!
and after that we learned to make it move.

a grey/white pixel turtle "walking" up the black screen.
then to stop.
turn to right.
walking.
stop.
turning left.
walking.
stop.

this was in 1991?

first letters were my 1st name. not something lame like helloworld.. ahhahahah

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took you back to a more recent journey ... you took me back all the way to elementary school when I have the old Apple IIE (I think) ... the ones that have no hard drives, everything is run on floppies, and the keyboard is integrated with the unit.

I think the first program I wrote was with Basic ... creating a christmas tree using asterisk or something silly like that.

suregetfired

Newly Enlightened
I took you back to a more recent journey ... you took me back all the way to elementary school when I have the old Apple IIE (I think) ... the ones that have no hard drives, everything is run on floppies, and the keyboard is integrated with the unit.

I think the first program I wrote was with Basic ... creating a christmas tree using asterisk or something silly like that.

10 PRINT "Hello World"
20 PRINT "This is a thread for me to introduce myself"
30 PRINT "Please start your own thread and don't hi-jack mine"
40 PRINT "Just joking...:crackup:"
50 PRINT "Goodbye!!"
60 END

How you do like my little "Hello world" program? lovecpf